Air pump recommendation

Shrimpo

When I had a 4 outlit I had the Top Fin 8000 from Petsmart.  Around $30.  Not super quiet, but fit the budget.  I found I could lower the noise by adding long hoses on the outlits I wasn't using and later found if I closed off the hoses it became even more quiet.

Of course it was quietest when I unplugged it. LOL

I ended up buying a whisper... I think it makes on the individual pump more then brand and modelm

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have the Tetra deep water model - you don't need multiple outlets, just get a gang valve or an airline kit. A good air pump can run a heck of a lot of stuff. Put it on top of a sponge, make sure the check valve isn't rattling against anything. I sleep no more than 2 feet away, it's no more than a low level hum.

I have the Tetra deep water model - you don't need multiple outlets, just get a gang valve or an airline kit. A good air pump can run a heck of a lot of stuff. Put it on top of a sponge, make sure the check valve isn't rattling against anything. I sleep no more than 2 feet away, it's no more than a low level hum.

I already bought the Boyu brand, do you have the model number of the pump you are talking about in case I need to replace the one I got now?

I use the Danner AP - 8

It has four outlets, and it can go from loud to quiet. But I have found a setting that

gives me the power to run all that I want, and it is very quiet. I do have it sitting on

a couple of small cloths with the nothing on the top of it, and air flow going under

it too. I think you can see in my main tank journal gallery. On the lower settings,

it is super quiet.

Honestly it is better to figure out what you want to do in your fish Room. It is better to plan ahead and get a little bigger pump then what you need. Spend the little extra and get an Alita

-Chris

I've heard good things about Danner. I think that's actually on my list to look into if my current one fails or if I ever need to upgrade.

Mine is the Tetra Whisper AP 150. I don't normally recommend Tetra (their food is so blah), but they did a good job with this one.

I have a few Whispers, but it is the luck of the draw with those. Some are quiet, some are not, and

it you put towels and things like that over them and under them to quiet them down, they will burn

out fast, because they are not getting any air flow. A couple of the quiet Whispers that I have are not

so quiet, but then a couple others that I have are perfectly quiet.  So you got me....

I'll have to look that up.