Electricity Bill

OMG Aquatics

For those who just started shrimp hobby and use heaters, did anyone notice a big increase in your bill. I have 2 50 watt heater, 1 100watt heater and my bill raised by $40. I get the feeling it's not the heaters but dam $40 increase in just one month.

running a tank takes alot of electric. i know a few breeders both fish and shrimp and they have easy 200 a month bill. they dont tend to use heaters in every tank but heat the room. a lot cheaper to heat air than water. also if you have been running an ac for the house that will jump the bill too. we have central heat and air and since we started using the air my bill jumped probably 40 bucks from the month before just cause of using the ac.

running a tank takes alot of electric. i know a few breeders both fish and shrimp and they have easy 200 a month bill. they dont tend to use heaters in every tank but heat the room. a lot cheaper to heat air than water. also if you have been running an ac for the house that will jump the bill too. we have central heat and air and since we started using the air my bill jumped probably 40 bucks from the month before just cause of using the ac.

We didn't use heater for room.

We didn't use AC.

The bill guy didn't even come to check.

Pumps can take a lot more than what you think to use they run 24/7 adds up. That's why I'm going central air one pump and condensing other pumps. 2 discus tanks and Sulawesi tanks the only one I heat. 40$ isn't much could,be just the price varying from a normal bill. We seen a rise up here in the winter because it was so brutal.

-Chris