Most colorful freshwater fish?

Soothing Shrimp

I think you would like Peacock Gudgeons... ive always wanted some....

Derek

I have a pair and are colorful awesome fish.

-Chris

Yeah, for freshwater, I would have to say Discus. Their are some with some

pretty impressive colors.  Same water parameters as some shrimp, only the

temp has to be a lot warmer for Discus.

I understand what your saying Bryce. As it does end up endangering the species in the wild in the end. But it does also give oppurtuniry to work a line yourself from wild. After all that's were most of our fish today came from. But I sure as hell wouldn't want to be picked from a wild and put in a glass cage

Me and my grandfather had discus at one point and even had them breeding in a 100g tank. Had three canister filters, tons of dw. Weekly water changes. I think the key was keeping up with monthly filter cleanings one a time and weekly water changes. The whole wc every day is a bit extreme imho

Me and my grandfather had discus at one point and even had them breeding in a 100g tank. Had three canister filters, tons of dw. Weekly water changes. I think the key was keeping up with monthly filter cleanings one a time and weekly water changes. The whole wc every day is a bit extreme imho

Extreme but when your feeding juvies 6 times a day with beef heart the water changes are a must. If you want discus the size of paper plates. You may get lucky and just have hardy fish, disease runs high in tanks that font do water changes daily just from rotting food.

-Chris

One of my favorite fish is actually a wild bait fish, called a mummichog. They don't look like much at first glance - the usual drab gray of many small minnow-like fish - but when the males get ready to breed, they put on a bit of a show. Stripes come out and they actually become quite handsome. It's very subtle compared to the captive bred vivid colors that we see in aquarium pets, but the change is there and beautiful in its own way.

Unfortunately, they are also semi-aggressive and can get up to four inches. They ate most of my snails and bullied all of my other fish. Definitely not for the faint of heart! I'd love to have a large group in a big species tank, but don't have the space (or the time to do the water changes, especially since they need hard or brackish water).