Caridinas adapted to High pH? Taboo water params

On 4/11/2016 at 3:55 AM, ShrimpP said:

I've heard shrimp breeders in Germany adapt/breed their shrimp in high pH (7+, even into the 8's! from what I've heard). Talking about the softer acidic water Cards (CRS, BB, KK, etc,).

Have even heard of people raising shrimp in higher/"non-ideal" GH, KH, TDS, temperature just to make them more tolerant/compatible with wider range (or higher end) water parameters (even tap water, no remin R/O nor active/acidic substrate/source).

Also heard of people (not Germans specifically) purposely having dirty or overpopulated tanks so the shrimp strains become more hardy/less sensitive/delicate.

Me personally, all of those strived for features/attributes (tolerate wider/high water params, less delicate) are qualities I would prefer.

Anyone personally keep strains that in these "taboo" water conditions?

Interested in hearing thoughts/experience. I may even be interested in obtaining some of these hardy strains.

Any links to these German breeders that breed shrimp in these conditions? (I've only heard word of mouth, haven't seen the actual sources)

I have my crystal reds and blue bolts in 7.6 ph surprisingly doing good and alive. They’ve been in my tank for a couple weeks maybe even a month already.