Basic discussion on genetics and its effects selective breeding of Dwarf Shrimp (Chris’s Research Part I)

00camaro16

How about for tib and tb. F tb x mtib or m tb x f tib

Same thing ! The only thing that i know of if you are crossing Tigers x Bees than they prefer using female tigers.

Lol it's ok I'm following along with a great mind f*** as well. It makes some sence, but I think I would literally have to read it and take noted so I can understand the genetics behind it before even trying to selective breed for a quality within my tank, so far I've been lucky with my dot I have wanted to breed for, but I'm sure everyone's crs have them ,

I just got volume 2 of breeders and keepers magazine from oblong today and am reading through it... man I am excited for part III of this. Part II is a bit boring and just expands on this, but part III is when you'll start seeing how all this relates to breeding traits. I just have to figure out how to word it without stealing words, but having it make sense. Hopefully part II will be done tomorrow.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I suspect that there is another marker out there.

What we call a 'masking gene' when breeding harlequin Great Danes. It is what allows us to 'see' more or less color on a 2 toned coat. I believe this is what is happening with CRS/CBS and Rili.

There are some great articles out there about it, written for the average person to understand, should anyone wish to look it up. Or I can did up the info and links if asked. Don't want to presume or derail a very interesting thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Goldens and snow whites are the same shrimp, just differnt grades.  IE S SS SSS SSS+ in crs cbs.   Golden/snow whites can be mischlings as long as they were breed to tb and there offspring would be F1 mischling.  I have tons of snow white/golden mischlings.  Some are even sekeletons.

People cros tb m to CRS F or Mischling F because having a m CRS or male Mischling breed to a female TB will result in some mischlings.  So if you keep all female CRS or Mischlings with TB then the males will seed to TB f and mischling CRS CBS female.  High Tb yields.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got headache also! :-P

Has part II been written and/or posted yet?

Can only find 2 copies of part I so far.

No I haven't got part II yet... though I have it written in my head. Worked ended up send me traveling every other week so my summer has been a bit busy. I keep meaning to write it lol.

Ok guys here are my questions. Comments. And clarifications I got from b and k volume one.

The blue mosura shadow-came into being by this simply, k14 bee shrimp was the grandmother(true breeding) cross bred with taiwans, bb. He believed the patternless Taiwan would be able to create the pattern of the grandmother. And just bred them back and forth from there.

Where do you get oak extract for shrimp tanks?

What are nitrate filters?

How do you mix your own salts for a remineralizer to suite the needs of the bacteria that form biofilm?

Snow White shrimp-is said in this magazine by monika pohler, to be a color variant of tiger and bee shrimp;making this shrimp actually a tibee and not a crystal or a tiger.

Blue shadow mosura- Stev kolditz bred k 14 black bee Taiwan mix with Taiwan bee to get this shrimp, then he carefully bred for more blue and black solidness and planned it perfectly.

What is hirose volcanic substrate?

What is chickweed?

How do you use Salix wood for bacterial treatment, or where do you get it?

The myths of ugf have been debunked time and again, Andy deppeler has had a tank with shirakura red bee sand running with an ugf for three years now.

Akadama soil can bind phosphates and heavy metals relinquishing the need for water conditioners- Michael Botden.

What is ebi gold shrimp soil and how does it differ from other substrates?

Rosoku.com has a light that builds algae, plants and biofilm rapidly. Sounds promising to me.

These are the main things I got from the first volume.

What is chickweed?

How do you use Salix wood for bacterial treatment, or where do you get it?

I haven't seen the B&K, but I recognized some plant stuff in your list.

Chickweed is a common name that I've heard applied to many small weedy plants. The ones I know are Cerastiums, because much of my plant nerd knowledge came from wildflowers and edibles of the Rocky Mountains. I'm guessing Stellarias are more likely what they are talking about, though. What were they doing with it, or what properties were they claiming it has? That might help narrow it down.

Salix wood is willow. I've seen some references to using the willow bark to treat "things" in a tank. (Willow bark has salicylic acid in it, the original aspirin/acne medication) Here's one link I found, but this seems to imply it's used as an excess nutrient sink rather than releasing any substances.

http://www.allabout-aquariumfish.com/2009/06/willow-method-for-green-water-problem.html