The saga of N. Guentheri...

Soothing Shrimp

they look like moms angel babies lol.  green water is great. does not have to be super green either. its full of so much great stuff for them. you should try it on a batch to see if there is a growth difference or not. ive wondered about that on guppies but never really measured it. 

Pix Pix Pix   :)

OKay, but not much to see, and it's really hard for me to take pics this small.  These are about 2-3x the size they were.  These are the guys in the new tank because they are growing so fast.

This gives a good idea of current size of the biggest at 12 days old.  That hose is an airline hose.

gallery_2_31_6887.jpg

These next two are by the silicone in the 2.5g tank.

gallery_2_31_15826.jpg

gallery_2_31_27427.jpg

The color you see is actually BBS in the stomach.

I'm sure you'll do much better than I. heh  Here's a shot of tank #1 with the smaller ones still.  See the fungus, etc?  In a normal tank I would clean all that up, but these guys are so small it may actually be of some benefit to them for micro organisms. (?) 

Anyway, many more are still around than I thought would be.  I've been changing about half the water every 2-3 days.

gallery_2_31_22637.jpg

Not sure either, but I figure since they are born in puddles with animal droppings and who knows what, this is actually cleaner than what they would be living in their life cycle in the jungle.

Since they tend to rest on the bottom 90+% of the time right now, I'm afraid the snails may just eat them.

I may put some in the new tank though since they are bigger.

Why not just raise mosquitos they are easy since you need do nothing but put a bowl of water out.I went away for a weekend earlier this year gave the dogs enough food for two days and left the tap running a small stream when comming back it was full of mozzies sure you could also try that cause it is summer over by you guys and the mosquitos bother you in anyway why not put it to some positive work?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Definitely an idea.  I may use that yet.

In the meantime, I have a pound or so of brine shrimp eggs, so I may as well continue hatching them since they are a sure thing right now.  The village sprays for mosquitos, and although they definitely don't get everything (!) I don't think I've ever seen a mozzie larvae to ID it. LOL

They look like small tadpoles usually in water that does not get agitated a lot.But if the ville is spraying I would rather not take a chance by using them to feed fish.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...