Otos

OMG Aquatics

They do an awesome job on diatoms, and soft green algae, I've found. But their little suckers won't get the hard, green stuff that you have to scrape with a razor blade, if you have that. Or BBA. I'm a huge fan of mine though... I've never had to clean my glass because of them. I think they're awesome little fish. They like to be in groups though... Do you only have one?

Otos do eat algae, rally only when they are smaller. Like anything lose interest after you start supplying them food. I have them in most my tanks, really cool little fish. Shrimp safe to!

-Chris

Makes you wonder if those good reviews are written by employees of Petsmart, doesn't it? ;)

Yes indeed.

I mean, it's a pretty cool fish. It does love my shrimp tank and enjoying itself but I didn't buy it to relax in my tank!! I bought it to clean up the algae on my tank glass!!

Get working you little oto!!

Poopians 

Don't be so tough on that little guy. It's the weekend and he want to chill a little ! LOL

Man ! It is hard to work for you and Soothing ! LOL

I had 1 and I and it seemed like it did nothing. Glas was still very green.

I got frustrated an went an bought 6 more, the glass was perfectly clear over night. I got so worried that I bought algea wafers for them since there was no more algea on the glass.

I feed then a wafer once and now they won't eat algea off the glass... I refuse to fend them again, there Is a tone of green spot in the there they could eat I f them would just leave the corner then hang out in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I must have the well behaved Otos. They keep the glass clean, but I still feed zucchini and spinach and the occasional algae wafer in their favorite jungle spot to make sure they aren't starving. They're funny, because they're less aggressive than the shrimp, so sometimes I see them kind of lurking to the side of a shrimp pile, looking wistfully at a zucchini piece. Eventually they'll move in, but still get a little spooky if a big shrimp smacks at them. :)

• 3 months later...