Pure water club results

I was doing some research on the pure water club rodi units; and I've seen some mixed reviews on how well they remove TDS down to zero. How have the ones members have been performing? At first? Down the the road a few months?

I've had mine for over two years.

After two years of making RO water my TDS is now 16.

And keep in mind my tap TDS is well over 600.

My water pressure was to low I had to get a boost pump.

I had no issues with it at all.

I caved and got one just a week or two ago. ^_^  I was doing a lot of top offs this summer with my fan going and just couldn't deal with the wastefulness of buying plastic jugs of water. I can collect and use the extra wastewater for my plants. Of course now I can remin if I want to and that makes me happy too.

I got the 100gpd portable RO/DI. I've loved it so far (all twice I've hooked it up), and yes, I got TDS 0 from it. I had to check my meter after the first dip because I've never seen it read zero before, but it read normally on the tank and the tap. My tap is not bad, usually 150 or so, and I have no info on it over time, but it's been good so far.

ETA: this is the one

Mine reads around 25TDS.  Like H4N, my water pressure is the pits, and my tap is high TDS.  He has a pressure booster and I don't.  The lower your water pressure, the more TDS will read.  If you have regular water pressure or high water pressure, the lower your TDS will be. 

As bad as this sounds, I love it!  My animals do well with the RO.  Without it, I'm always having some kind of problem going on.

Two best investments I've ever made in this hobby are my RO unit, and my Alita 60 air pump.

i like mine. i got a 100 gal portable unit (i rent) and i get a low tds maybe 5 with mine but i know its super high out of the tap. ive used it a fair bit and love it. i use the waist water for plants and even filling the dog water bottle lol. i could even use it to fill the dog pool out back... that is a new idea i have not done before lol but worth it now

• 2 weeks later...

I own a PWC's 7-stage rodi 100gpd filter and it has performed really well. There's issue over how tight the seal is, but that's nothing Teflon tape can't fix. I've owned my unit for about 2yrs now and just recently replaced the 3x micron filters. I opted to buy my own refillable DI canisters and DI resin from bulkreef because it's more affordable.

My water straight from tap is like rock. Ph: 7.8, gH: 8-9, kH: 9-11, and TDS: 250-300.

With the filter, water coming out is ideal rodi water.

Ph: 6, gH & kH: 0, TDS: 0.

I changed my filter media when I was getting a TDS: 15-20 reading from eBay TDS meter. Ph, gH and kH were still 0 but decided might as well replace all the media.

My total TDS was over 600 and Chris (Taylors Aquatics) helped me get it back into the low 200's which is what comes straight out of my tap.  I was a total moron when it came to TDS, had no clue what it was at first and even how to test, now I test almost daily for them to make sure i'm not going out of wack on a tank. 

My total TDS was over 600 and Chris (Taylors Aquatics) helped me get it back into the low 200's which is what comes straight out of my tap. I was a total moron when it came to TDS, had no clue what it was at first and even how to test, now I test almost daily for them to make sure i'm not going out of wack on a tank.

All it,takes is a little guidance! probably few people who help my customers like I do. I make sure their satisfied and know how to fully care for the shrimp!

-Chris

The more research I do, the more it looks like a RO unit is a necessity. I was looking at the Pure Water Club ones so its good to know people have had success with them. 

How does everyone have theirs set up? Do you hook it up to a sink, directly to the cold water line, or something else? And do you store the RO you make? If so, how? 

Working on a much smaller scale, I make about 5g a week in the kitchen sink, stored in 5 plastic gallon jugs from when I bought distilled water. Then I put the small, portable unit away until I need to get it out again. :)

Working on a much smaller scale, I make about 5g a week in the kitchen sink, stored in 5 plastic gallon jugs from when I bought distilled water. Then I put the small, portable unit away until I need to get it out again. :)

Seems like that would be more my scale too. At least for now….haha. I was thinking a 5 gallon buckets with lids.