Shrimp won't eat mulberry leaves?

Hello,

So I have some dried mulberry leaves that I put into the tank and even after it sank, it went untouched by my bloody mary, mts, pond snail, and bladdersnails. It was untouched after 24 hours so I removed it. Then I took some more leaves and stuck them in a cup of water and put them in the microwave for 1 minute. It got pretty hot and soft. I then put those in the tank as well. 24 hours later, nothing is happening again.

What is going on? Do I need to wait longer? I'm leaving this batch in for 3 days or until they came out. What should I do next?

Thanks,

Mine responded the same , But they started picking at the leaves after the second day! :) If you want to see some immediate reactions, try Papaya leaves from Han!

you keep it in longer.

i boil for 8 minutes.

with a big colony,it'll be covered in minutes.

with a handful of shrimp,you might not see any action.

yeah,it's the second day they start eating it.

third day you'll notice holes in the leaf where it's been eaten.in a big colony, all will be left is the skeleton.

I use the Tantora mulberry leaves, and my shrimp start climbing all over them before they even sink in the tank. A leaf usually floats for up to a day before sinking, since I just throw it in dry without boiling or preparing it. It's usually down to just the veins within 2 days, and then those are gone within a few more (depending how much other food I feed during that time).

Man. Day 3 and there are definitely little holes in them but it seems that the snails are eating them more than the shrimp. I very rarely see one one the leaf and even then, they just walk off it a few minutes later. Maybe they are already well fed?

Your shrimp are likely well fed . Mine always go to the mulberry but also not the first few days as I just throw them in. Takes a day or so to sink then the they get soft. Eventually my shrimp get to it until its gone. If noone is touching it, like becuase you are feeding more then enough and they are not interested.