Has anyone bred clarkii crays?

Louie

I ordered 4 white Clarkii crays .  They are small but if I get a pair will separate them to breed. Imagine I will need to separate the 4 either way as they get older but for now all 4 will be in a 20 long .

Has anyone bred Clarkii?

If so temps, etc would be great .

Thank you

I hope to breed them but they are unsexable babies now .

I would like to be able to keep 1 M /1 F together , If I get a pair because with 4 you never know . I know they are not as

aggressive as the Alleni and I find the white nicer not as ghost pale as the Alleni.

I have not had luck breeding crays . I have 2 f /1 m CPO who mate but no babies ever and have not seen any females carry eggs .

I purchased a "blue" dwarf but it is actually a blue strain of Cajun , not some exotic dwarf as I had thought .Put it in a 15

gallon and going to get a few more Cajun dwarfs , hope they breed .

My self cloning are another story and multiply nicely .

Hungle,

You don't keep crays because of the claws? I think you mentioned some time ago that you don't keep

anything that can pinch .

I was not into crays either till years ago . They don't bother me when I do water changes and afraid of me .

I find the harmless CPO crays very interesting as far as the way they interact with each other and roam around

the tank but I would never keep them with shrimp as some do nor fish.

Funny thing is that I keep fish outside in assorted water troughs and raccoons might come through now and than , perhaps they can catch a platy here and there in the more shallow troughs but the one time I kept some self

cloning crays in a 20 gallon under my terrace they showed up in numbers .

I hope to breed them but they are unsexable babies now .

I would like to be able to keep 1 M /1 F together , If I get a pair because with 4 you never know . I know they are not as

aggressive as the Alleni and I find the white nicer not as ghost pale as the Alleni.

I have not had luck breeding crays . I have 2 f /1 m CPO who mate but no babies ever and have not seen any females carry eggs .

I purchased a "blue" dwarf but it is actually a blue strain of Cajun , not some exotic dwarf as I had thought .Put it in a 15

gallon and going to get a few more Cajun dwarfs , hope they breed .

My self cloning are another story and multiply nicely .

Hungle,

You don't keep crays because of the claws? I think you mentioned some time ago that you don't keep

anything that can pinch .

I was not into crays either till years ago . They don't bother me when I do water changes and afraid of me .

I find the harmless CPO crays very interesting as far as the way they interact with each other and roam around

the tank but I would never keep them with shrimp as some do nor fish.

Funny thing is that I keep fish outside in assorted water troughs and raccoons might come through now and than , perhaps they can catch a platy here and there in the more shallow troughs but the one time I kept some self

cloning crays in a 20 gallon under my terrace they showed up in numbers .

Hi Louie

I am a sucker come to woman and animal !

I have one woman and many animals......LOL....

My "woman" lol (wife) of many years is visiting one of my daughters and her family in CA . It gives me the chance to eat plenty

of junk with no brutal lectures about cholesterol, etc and since our neighbors left yesterday for 3 days . I'm watching their

bullterrier who is like a good friend . We stay up all night eating assorted Chinese take out .

She enjoys chicken fried rice and boneless spare ribs .

Than we sleep during the day as we are about to do now but she snores .