Caridina sulawesi var. bandit for sale

Steve R.

I have a couple of Caridina sulawesi var. bandit (Sulawesi crown shrimp “Bandit”) packages for sale (exclusively for Shrimp Spot members).

The offer is for 15 unsexed subadults or adults + a few shrimplets (as bonus) from my main breeding colony (no culls) as seen in the pictures and youtube video below for US$160, including USPS Priority Shipping, in the continental USA.

I have been selectively breeding this line for about four years and offer it for the first time for sale.

My goals were to increase the black and white coverage and I also selected for the banded (bandit) phenotype. As for neos, the females show more intense colors.

Caridina sulawesi are very prolific and hardy shrimps. I have kept them at pH ranging from 6.2 – 8.5. The shrimps that I have for sale were kept at pH 6.8, KH = 2-3 and GH = 5-6.

The colors and patterns are more intense at acidic pH. I don’t recommend a KH below 1.

It is unlikely that they will interbreed with any common aquarium shrimp species.

DOA is covered (excluding shipping costs) when the shipment is accepted upon the first delivery attempt, a clear picture of the dead shrimps inside the originally closed bag is sent and the claim is emailed no later than 2 hours after delivery.

I can ship on September, 12., or September, 13. 2016.

Links to previous posts about C. sulawesi:

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/3605-hello-from-manhattan-kansas/#comment-50042

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/1122-sulawesi-shrimp-collection/#comment-15952

C. sulawesi colony.png

C. sulawesi I.pngC. sulawesi II.png

17 hours ago, CJones said:

I love these ... Will you be selling them for a while? I don't think I could get any right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last possible date of shipment would be September 19., or 20., 2016.

I am moving at the end of September to Davis, California and have to seriously downsize tank number and projects (Sigh).

14 hours ago, TheGardenofEder said:

Up for any trades?

Because of my upcoming move and downsizing, I would only trade for Sulawesi lake shrimps, which I could keep in my Cardinal tank.

Otherwise, I would have been happy to trade for some of your beautiful shrimps.

Last possible date of shipment would be September 19., or 20., 2016.

I am moving at the end of September to Davis, California and have to seriously downsize tank number and projects (Sigh).

Do you think you'll be selling them again in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. I don't know yet how much space I will have for breeding shrimp in my new home.

They do well in community tanks, by the way. If neos breed in the water, they will also breed. For best coloration, I just recommend a slightly acidic pH.

But hopefully some other people will breed them, establish new lines  and make them available to the community.

Soothing is getting a package, and I am sure he will be successful and keep us updated.

Those are really striking! I'm moving too, so I can't set up any new tanks at the moment. At least we will both be in the same state, should you make these available in the future. I've never seen these shrimp before, but seeing as how they can kept with neos, I may have some space available soon. Sulawesi shrimp are still a mystery to me, but I want those rabbit snails in all of my tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I sold all 4 packages that I had available.

Because I am moving I cannot continue this line.

I hope that the four people who have the shrimps now will have great results and make them available for the community in a little while.

Sorry to all others who expressed interest. I am sorry that I could not reply to all your PMs because of my upcoming move of my laboratory and household.

1 hour ago, Steve R. said:

I sold all 4 packages that I had available.

Because I am moving I cannot continue this line.

I hope that the four people who have the shrimps now will have great results and make them available for the community in a little while.

Sorry to all others who expressed interest. I am sorry that I could not reply to all your PMs because of my upcoming move of my laboratory and household.

Just received my batch and they look much better in person. I will continue this line and hopefully have some for sale in the next 6-8 months.

• 2 weeks later...
When my group of banded sulawesi's arrived there was two berried females. I just found babies walking around and I have an additional six berried females. Things are looking good.

I'm setting up a Sulawesi tank right now! I'm very interested in picking some up, let us knowwww!

I really have to say, these are pretty exciting.
I am somewhat amazed how our hobby seems to ignore "tap water" shrimp. Some extra care and sensitivity are one thing, but when an organism requires "special water", it will just never be as widespread in the aquarium hobby as a tap water species.

20 minutes ago, pucksr said:

I really have to say, these are pretty exciting.
I am somewhat amazed how our hobby seems to ignore "tap water" shrimp. Some extra care and sensitivity are one thing, but when an organism requires "special water", it will just never be as widespread in the aquarium hobby as a tap water species.

because "tap water" is too general a term to use. your neighbor across the street could have completely different parameters out of their tap. tomorrow your city could add some chemical that may be safe in small amounts to you but could wipe out your entire tank. The reason we recommend RO for ALL shrimp is because its the cleanest base to start with. When people have problems and they ask for help its really hard to give them advice when they say they use tap water. too many variables come into play.