Have you cross breeding TB x TB ?

Would like to know anybody had cross-breeding Taiwan bee x Taiwan bee successfully?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind of the conditions:

the number of survivor shrimplets ?

How are shrimplets growing (fast,slow) ?

Any head deformity? Other deformities ?

Which pairs that you crossed?

That's a tough combination. Once you cross blue-based and red-based shrimp, you will start to get neither blue nor red shrimp. The color will be more of like brown and the coloured area will be semi-transparent. However, if you further lighten the brown by crossing with WR again and after that cross back to BKK, you may get Green Hulk.

Crossing two different colours-based shrimp will dilute the gene code, which means the gene will get stronger and it will decrease mortality rate and prevent deformation.

Most of my Taiwan Bees have about 6 to 10 babies successfully grown in each berried. The higher grade (more in-breeding) will get lesser babies instead.

Thanks. I love and care for them like my babies. :)

The key thing of growing micro-algae is to have low but sufficient light and you need to have nutrients balanced (especially the NPK and if you want diatom, you will need silica).

I found you a picture of a BKK x WR and the offspring x BKKhttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Tp9t11_Gd9GbKtqxqHTIkJoYTzA1_OP9crJj5mXGjLM?feat=directlink

It looks weird and I can't get any good colour out of it after that. However, later on I found a good use of them is to put him in my Tibee Project tank to breed out Zebra Pinto pattern.

Thanks. I love and care for them like my babies. :)

The key thing of growing micro-algae is to have low but sufficient light and you need to have nutrients balanced (especially the NPK and if you want diatom, you will need silica).

I found you a picture of a BKK x WR and the offspring x BKKhttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Tp9t11_Gd9GbKtqxqHTIkJoYTzA1_OP9crJj5mXGjLM?feat=directlink

It looks weird and I can't get any good colour out of it after that. However, later on I found a good use of them is to put him in my Tibee Project tank to breed out Zebra Pinto pattern.

You got to love this hobby!

Can you tell me in what percentage NPK is a balance? What do you need for silica?

Do you keep your line of Tibee separate in term of black,blue and red?

It's more than hobby, they are like my pet. It's kind of sound strange. Years ago, I told someone my Mrs and I gave names to some of the distinct looking shrimps and people are laughing at me. LOL!!! 

Not sure you read my article before, it does have the percentage recorded there: http://www.shrimpydaddy.com/p/how-to-cultivate-micro-algae-for-shrimp.html

I have tanks that separated them and also have tanks for cross-breeding.

It's more than hobby, they are like my pet. It's kind of sound strange. Years ago, I told someone my Mrs and I gave names to some of the distinct looking shrimps and people are laughing at me. LOL!!! 

Not sure you read my article before, it does have the percentage recorded there: http://www.shrimpydaddy.com/p/how-to-cultivate-micro-algae-for-shrimp.html

I have tanks that separated them and also have tanks for cross-breeding.

I promise i wouldn't laugh at you. I am laughing with you! my hobbies turn out that going to be lifetime committment. I will read on your article.

most just keep all the colors of tb together with no ill effect. you can still get wine red from bkk xbkk breeding and so on. i have wine red, ruby red, bkk, panda, blue bolt, and a shadow panda all in one tank. no breeding just yet. but i know all but my ruby and wine are just about breeding age so if i get any new reds pop up in the next few months i will let you know

Yes! but i am trying to have a hardier and better percentage of shrimplet survivor rate, better growth.

When keeping them in to same color palette you are strengthen it's color.

Yes! but i am trying to have a hardier and better percentage of shrimplet survivor rate, better growth.

When keeping them in to same color palette you are strengthen it's color.

Hi Hungle64,

Each Taiwan Bee variation is breed with a lot of cross-breeding. Thus, they may not originally come from same color-based. As such, the best combi for cross-breeding to strengthen gene and not losing too much color is to breed two variants that have more overlapping gene. For example, BKK with BB and WR with those Brown-based BKK.

However, the best way to strengthen the gene code and not losing the pattern and color is still breed the same type of variation shrimp but from a totally different country. I know this may be tough in US as import law is utterly strict.

Lucky for me, Japan and Hong Kong import law are relatively easier. I can even carry them in from plane.

Lucky you! Those 2 places giving you plenty of shrimps to play with.

im not sure where all come from we have here but i believe they are comming from asia (thinking could be japan but might be wrong) and germany. so there are many diff familys of shrimp floating around the us now. there are several big importers that sell great quality.