orange rili

well here are my 6 new beauties. thanks speedie i love them. i have 2 a pair that have almost red orange on the head. they  might be a pair to play with hehehe.

10441390_769929586392564_877399093142921

this is my fav pair so far. i love her off set pattern and the dark mark on the head 

10408899_769929759725880_396833321850196

10303879_769929773059212_986800884086868

and a couple group shots

10436013_769929736392549_601277165054344

10464092_769929573059232_248244133478750

Very nice looking!

Nice........!

so i did a good water change today. 1st one since i got them. all 3 females have been saddled since i got them. with luck..... i will have berried shrimp soon. males have been moving around a fair bit since the wc. will update when needed hehehehe

I had some. Very pretty. But they do not come close to breeding true. All orange, all clear, rili, polka dotted, every mishmash of orange and clear you can think of. Heavy culling needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Puddles

Puddles ,

Thank you . I was thinking of a tank for them but assumed I was not going to get orange rili's like wicca unless I removed some (to put it mildly ) . That seems the rule in the shrimp world.

well i lost 1 that i know of over the weekend. not sure what one but it was half gone when i got home last night. large water change today and hope for the best. it could have been any number of reasons really since i have been go so much the last week and a half

well i lost 1 that i know of over the weekend. not sure what one but it was half gone when i got home last night. large water change today and hope for the best. it could have been any number of reasons really since i have been go so much the last week and a half

As said, I lost hundreds of dollars worth because they were too sensitive when I tried them.  Hopefully this was just a freak isolated incident.

well i am only counting 4. so means 2 are gone. not sure the issues. params are pretty spot on. i noticed a molt in the tank that was not there last night so maybe i will get lucky and have babies. i know if i can get them breeding it will surly help them last longer in my water. will keep it updated but i think "spot" was one of the ones that didnt make it ......

countryboy: im not to worried about it i have had other rili before and yes it takes alot of culling to keep nice rili pattern. right now that is the least of my worries. i need numbers before i can cull. 

on the upside even losing a couple its not like they were as costly as the TB that i still have all of.  on a funny side not i never did have luck with cherry shrimp. other colors i had did quite well just not cherrys wonder if the orange rili will be the same way

well im starting to think it might be a bacterial issue. molts are clear but a few look a bit white or at least whiter than the others. melafix went into the tank last night but not sure it will help at this point. they may just have had a hard time in shipping due to the heat.....

ok ........ i didnt find a point where melafix and shrimp do not mix. i dont know how much i put in lol ... oops.... my bottle is an old bottle prob 3 years old or so. and after a water change yesterday i dumped the little that was left into the tank. a bit later the shrimp went into hiding. the froze and would not move. i did about 50% water change today after i smelled the tank. there was either more in the bottle than i thought or it was just alot stronger than i though after sitting so long. they are slowly starting to move again but i might have done more harm than good