Shadow Mosura Taiwan Bee

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this topic back up (seeing as last post is from June) but If i have both Blue Bolt and Mosura BB should I have them in the same tank or separate tanks to keep the Mosura BB gene at a higher rate in the next offsprings? or does it not really matter if I mix them?

My overall goal with them is to keep the Mosura BB gene strong so that they produce more and hopefully back cross them with the stronger colored BB to increase the blue on the bodies and possibly back crossing with high grade BBK (haven't found any in the US yet)

I only have one at the moment and currently housing them with blue bolt females. He is a male, how many do you have?

Sorry to bring this topic back up (seeing as last post is from June) but...

I'd far rather see old threads necro-bumped to become full of useful info than a thousand little threads with almost no info/posts.

(I, however, have no useful actual info for you, so carry on! I'll continue lurking...)

I have a total of six Mosura BB/BBK and 18 regular BB with two berried mamas atm *excited* The six Mosura BB/BBK are housed in one breeder net with three regular BB since I didnt want the first Mosura BB/BBK to be lonely then I added the other five Mosura BB/BBK later once I got them and the rest are in another breeder box in another tank LOL

I've read that TB are hard to tell gender wise until someone gets berried LOL so that's why I call all of mine he/she until I see some berried mamas!

Sorry to bring this topic back up (seeing as last post is from June) but If i have both Blue Bolt and Mosura BB should I have them in the same tank or separate tanks to keep the Mosura BB gene at a higher rate in the next offsprings? or does it not really matter if I mix them?

My overall goal with them is to keep the Mosura BB gene strong so that they produce more and hopefully back cross them with the stronger colored BB to increase the blue on the bodies and possibly back crossing with high grade BBK (haven't found any in the US yet)

Separate them. Or else, your money will go to the drain.

Taiwan Bee can tell sex easily by their behaviour and growth rate.

Looks like I'll be separating the BB from the Mosura tomorrow then! I was hoping I didn't have to -_-

How do you tell their sex based on their behavior and growth rate? I just go by the antenna and belly like with crs

"How do you tell their sex based on their behavior and growth rate? I just go by the antenna and belly like with crs" <---- Pretty long story. I will tell you after you monitor them for a while. Or else, you may not know what I am talking about. Growth rate will be simple to explain. The female will grow exponentially and the male will grow very slowly.

"How do you tell their sex based on their behavior and growth rate? I just go by the antenna and belly like with crs" <---- Pretty long story. I will tell you after you monitor them for a while. Or else, you may not know what I am talking about. Growth rate will be simple to explain. The female will grow exponentially and the male will grow very slowly.

Okay will do! It's hard to tell their growth rate at the moment since they're in breeder nets so I'll pay more attention to them once I get them all situated in their actual tank.

You don't have to seperste them you can breed them and hen once you have a good number of mosuras then seperste them and breed for mosuras culling out the reg bb. It will strengthen the mosura

That's what I'm planning later down the road....to back cross with high grade BBK or high grade BB....I can tell the difference between high grade BBK but have no idea on what the difference is between high grade and low grade BB aside from "full bodied" BB and "face" which has to deal with overall blue coverage on the shrimps body. But yes like hyoushoku said I'd rather not mix them with the current BB to dilute their worth ya kno. =P