Dwarf Orange Crayfish

Shrimpo

Shrimpo,

What temp do you keep them at ?   I have 1 M /2 F (pics in gallery) but no babies .  They have mated but females never berried , not that I am aware of .

Soothing ,

I have noticed the same thing with my cloning crays . As adults the blue comes and goes . They molt blue but don't stay blue . 

Thanks . Mine are at 76 but 2 degrees shouldn't have made the different with crays .   I have had them for awhile I have seen them mate but nothing comes of it .

As far as keeping fish with them . Many do , In fact most who keep them do .

I do not because I know a fish here and there is going to be pinched by one of my females who is bit aggressive but I do keep endlers livebearers with my Cajun dwarfs who are not as pretty as my CPO's but as peaceful as shrimp .

I have only had them like a month (4 of them) and they have shown no interest in the fish , if anything they run when the tiny fish eat a pellet near them .

Either way I would not hesitate in your case to keep some small fish in there . Perhaps long fins like guppies might not work out but endlers , danios or platies will .

Ahh that is possible .  I have a friend who has shrimp I have given him for his 55 gallon planted (hybrid mixed shrimp ) .  He only keeps different colors of the male endlers livebearer not the much bigger females and he has countless babies .

I guess a few might be taken esp shrimp as so tiny as babies but he does have considerable amount of babies that grow up.

shrimpo,

They seem a bit more particular than other crays but in your case they bred at temps, ph you keep them at so she dropped her eggs this time but imagine you will get more soon enough .

I have not got one to carry eggs but reading about them it seems once they start other than a mishap now and than they continue .

shrimp,

I have to say that I have never checked either .  My shrimp which get the same exact water breed very well as do my cloning crays though imagine they would clone in any water but never a berried CPO.  They have mated but no babies .

I think I will take a water sample to the pet store and find out .

I have never checked anything I just do my 2 weekly water changes .

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking about getting some of these guy here in a while. I was wondering if they've been known to crawl out of tanks? also what is a good amount of these guys per gallon? Like if I wanted to keep them in a 20 gallon long how many could I safely have in there?

Duff,

If you have hiding areas like the small pvc tubes they sell at home depot or fancier stuff like shrimp has and or driftwood .  I would keep 1 male and 3 females no problem as that is what I have in my 20.

My tank is uncovered but water is 1 inch lower than rim and never had a problem . Never had one even try to climb out .  If you have driftwood or thick leafed plants that reach the top rims than that is another issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked the same question and apparently they are o.k with shrimp.But then again I am yet to try.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

In my experience having some drab colored shrimp with them, If the shrimp have plants , etc to avoid them than the shrimp are fine.

A CPO will take a shrimp if the tank is some bare type set up which forces the shrimp to 'hang out' with the CPO but with plants and or driftwood the shrimp are fine which does not mean that a shrimp could be taken here or there .

I found the smaller but way more active and faster American dwarf crays to be much worse on shrimp .