Seachem's Discs buffer to lower ph

I'm starting up a new crystal 40b shrimp tank. I'm starting with RO water and new SL-Aqua Nature Soil mineralized soil; so my starting Kh is near zero, my GH is 30ppm, but my PH is 7.5. Can I safely use Seachem's Discs buffer to bring the Ph down until the mineralized soil kicks in? I am adding some aged Flourite, driftwood, a few small fish and some filter rinse residue to seed the new media. There are not any shrimp in the tank for now. I will add them when the water stabilizes.

--

Rereading my original post I see that I was not very clear. I have just ordered the SL-Aqua Nature Soil and SL-Aqua Blue Wizard from you, so they are not here yet. The tank currently only has the RO water, wood, moss and a small amount of existing Flourite.  
Also, I am setting up 2 tanks. Your products will be going in a 20g long
My other tank is a 40b and will be using a different media new in the bag from Seachem that I'm trading a friend for.
Both tanks are otherwise being set up the same and are using the same water. 

1 hour ago, Ron.b4 said:

I'm starting up a new crystal 40b shrimp tank. I'm starting with RO water and new SL-Aqua Nature Soil mineralized soil; so my starting Kh is near zero, my GH is 30ppm, but my PH is 7.5. Can I safely use Seachem's Discs buffer to bring the Ph down until the mineralized soil kicks in? I am adding some aged Flourite, driftwood, a few small fish and some filter rinse residue to seed the new media. There are not any shrimp in the tank for now. I will add them when the water stabilizes.

The discus buffer has phosphates and hair algae loves phosphates. 

• 1 month later...