orange flesh tone

We all know goldens start off with either orange red pink flesh tone and gain white as they mature. But is it possible for crystal reds to gain the trait as well. I have several crystals that have an orange underlying flesh. And in wondering if ita from my psuedo tib breeding with my mischling crystal reds.

if it is the case and it is recessive I may want to breed to create an orange strain of crystal bee shrimp.

This is the only photo I have right now. But you can tell the flesh is orange because the white even has an orange tint to it not just the red being lighter.

I may just do that and pm her after I make this post. I think it would be interesting as there are non on the market right now.

But do you think this is a recessive trait? Or is this a dominant trait.

post-90-0-15179800-1404190158_thumb.jpg

trick question without you realizing it.  If it was simple dominant it wouldn't pop up because your entire colony would be recessive for clear.

HOWEVER, having said that- I can only speak from Neo experience since that is what I've concentrated on selectively breeding- color is MUCH harder to breed out, than breed IN.

IN other words, if you choose to try your hand at selectively breeding these, you should have a much "easier" time making the color pop up.  Even if co-dominant and it takes over color attributes, you are still going to have a good go at this. :)

The first step is to breed more of these.

2nd step is to breed for color intensity.

If in the f2 you have a non-lethal homozygous expression, your color should be able to breed true and intensity improved rather rapidly with good selection!

maybe its my computer but i dont really see the orange in the pic on that shrimp you posted. but my laptop is not known for have the best color lol. 

you might end up with goldens out of it later on though

Dk shrimp looks like the one I thought was red bolt.

it could be the lighting or my phones camera not giving true tone.

but that shrimp has an orange flesh. The red is more orange and fades the white is orange with opache white.

• 2 weeks later...

Your shrimp in the pic is to young to have its full color developed. It will darken for sure as it gets older and should look like a normal crs. I wish I had a better video recorder I would record my 48.8 tb tank and show everyone what all kinds of different crs and CBS snow whites golden and all types of tb babies looked like. Most people look at color to soon, they need to get to juvi stage or even sub adult sometimes before the colors show really

This shrimp has not changed color since a peewee. At its size now it's a juvinile and shows no sign of changing or darkening color. And he is not the only on in the tank this way. The depth of field on my macro shots isn't very good, though I do agree he looks fairly small in this photo he is actually around 3/4-1" in size.

That means that piece of moss is huge and that is one heck of a piece of snow flake food. I would say maybe a 1/4 and just hitting peewee stage so color will start to deepen.