Super White Crystals?

Hey guys.

So sadly I don't have a picture to show him for better clarification/identification (as my lights are off now :/ and the shrimp and my camera wont hold steady enough haha, but one of my new Crystal Red babies looks to be almost completely white. I think I may see some small red lines on the sides of its head but I can swear it is almost a pure white shrimp.

I'm still a novice in shrimp keeping and was curious if I got super lucky and it could be a new category of shrimp than Crystal Red? Or did I just get lucky and possibly just a higher grade?

It's still super small and I get way too excited when I notice it.

Regardless, I'm super duper interested in this.  I've had theories for awhile that "Blizzard" crystals exist (SSS+.)  Not just snow whites.  I think I've seen 1(!) pic of a possible "Blizzard."  And that went for thousands of dollars, but admittedly it was pretty darn solid.

My understanding is Goldens and Snow Whites are the same mutation but Goldens are CRS with the mutation and Snow Whites are CBS with the mutation.

That's a very good question. Will, when you had snow whites with your crystals did you have crs and CBS with them?

Soooo, if crs=goldens. And CBS =snow whites

Does it go to stand if you breed crs with Snow White you get golden and if you breed CBS with goldens you get snow whites?

So I got around to taking a couple of pictures of the little guy, aparently there is actually 2 that look similar in my tank and this is the less white of the two. Also I apologize before hand in the quality of these photos. My light isn't bright enough for my camera to like my normal settings. http://i.imgur.com/8myj1c3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d8k7qBq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like your crs or CBS through a golden or Snow White. Only time will tell. Snow White and golden can come from either CBS or crs. It is more like a grade difference in them. Since they have no color markings besides the white, the more yellow ones people call goldens and the white ones are snow whites. Is how it has been explained to me by over seas breeders

Yeah, it is funny, in my tank that is all SSS - Crystal Black Shrimp, some of them are very, very white, and some are

kind of a duller white, or even a yellow tinted white, but there are a few that are just bright white, white.