Saluwesi bandits

1lildave

On 12/20/2016 at 7:36 PM, Vpier said:

I obtained two batches from original breeder and are breeding like rabbits but they wont be for sale until late spring, was -31 degrees Sunday morning here in central MN.Cant sell or buy anything for a while.

What is the required water parameters for those shrimp?

The original post had them as quite tough

Mustafa over at Petshrimp seems to concur with the whole dynamic adaptability comment(he also has pictures of a bandit colony too)
http://www.petshrimp.com/csulawesi.php

I didn't wind up getting any, so I will differ to those with experience:
They don't seem to need heat like other saluwesi. (Require 80 degree and very hard water)
It looks like they can survive down to normal low room temps( 60s) and thrive in typical water condition. However, they are more heat tolerant than other caridina species(mid 80s). 
I don't think they are as cold tolerant as the neocaridina species(reports down to the 40s)

All in all, seems to be an easy species to keep. You can put a heater in the tank and basically keep them with most plants and other shrimp/inverts/fish.

6 hours ago, pucksr said:

The original post had them as quite tough

Mustafa over at Petshrimp seems to concur with the whole dynamic adaptability comment(he also has pictures of a bandit colony too)
http://www.petshrimp.com/csulawesi.php

I didn't wind up getting any, so I will differ to those with experience:
They don't seem to need heat like other saluwesi. (Require 80 degree and very hard water)
It looks like they can survive down to normal low room temps( 60s) and thrive in typical water condition. However, they are more heat tolerant than other caridina species(mid 80s). 
I don't think they are as cold tolerant as the neocaridina species(reports down to the 40s)

All in all, seems to be an easy species to keep. You can put a heater in the tank and basically keep them with most plants and other shrimp/inverts/fish.

Super easy to keep and reproduces faster than neo's. The clutches are huge. So far about 1/3 of the babies have the amount of black that people see in the pictures that SteveR posted.

• 3 weeks later...