are you prepared for out of power?

evilguppy

i live in tornado ally and we get really bad ice in the winter (not much snow) so im kinda use to power outs. i lose more during the winter when power goes out due to water getting to cold. 

I live in south fl. If hurricane,storm hit.power goes out.it takes a week to come power back. Also heat 80<.

Im scared to try more fancy shrimps.

Im thinking worst case.always fight....

Want to get tb. But lose power.lose shrimps. Dilemma. Decision decision.

I have battery operated air pumps a few of them. Most of the time the power doesn't go out long and they'll fine without

-Chris

I don't currently do anything and haven't lost power yet (luckily).  I do have a couple of batter airpumps but not enough for all my tanks.  When I move next and own my house again I plan to have a backup generator to keep everything running.

I'm in California so the only thing that could really knock me out is a big earthquake. I'm not really prepared except that I keep my tanks clean enough I believe most of my shrimp could survive for a week with no power. I have 1 battery powered air pump, should have more but shrimp funds are so tight I keep spending them on other things.

Woefully unprepared. :( Need to pick up a battery air pump.

At least the power rarely goes out here, since our area decided to bury power lines.

evilguppy,

If you look at it the last hurricane where people lost power was years ago not a common thing . I have air pumps that use battery and a generator that will only power one AC in the den where shrimp are kept and we will sleep (wife and I) and a small refrig .

The cichlids, etc will get daily water changes so I am not worried have been through it before , other than having shrimp and again very rare to have it happen as far as losing power .

If you I would go ahead and get the shrimp you want.

When my power goes out I rely on my daughter healthy lungs:)

She keeps my bubblers and sponge filters running all day ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

I had a power outage when I lived near sf maybe 5 years ago when I had my 55. I had a jaguar cichlid and two frontosa at the time. The power was out for several days and somehow even in the blistering cold water and there daily water changes they managed to survive and still healthy