The Riparium thread

Shrimpo

Awesome tank! I want to do a 180 gal rip in my living room one day. Maybe something smaller for now. There are a ton of air plants Spanish mosses, other types of mosses down here right out side my door. I don't think you can pick some of it but if a storm knocks it down its fair game.

40 gallon breeder.

What is the plant with the arrow like leaves and white veins in the first pic (top left hand corner) called.Is it a riparium only plant or can it be grown submersed?

Shrimpo ,

Fantastic tanks .  Do you still keep dart frogs?  Decades ago I looked into them but the tiny food cultures looked like a pain .

Same here.  I love their look and was interested in breeding, but flightless flies, etc just wasn't in my interest.  I knew I suck at keeping cultures alive.

Soothing,

my case I know plenty of those flies would escape and not only get in the house but the yards mango tree . The next option was termites and no way in Florida of all places am I breeding termites , lol.

The dart frogs and mantellas themselves are gorgeous tiny frogs .

Shrimpo,

Have you kept newts or salamanders in such a set up as you ripariums ?

Awesome tank! I want to do a 180 gal rip in my living room one day. Maybe something smaller for now. There are a ton of air plants Spanish mosses, other types of mosses down here right out side my door. I don't think you can pick some of it but if a storm knocks it down its fair game.

Oh I just Pmd you love your Mantis!