Puddles New Shrimp Food

Puddles

My shrimp totally loved it! And one of my Otos was stealing bites, too. (And not even the fat one, who eats everything)

The "bits" were a little chunkier than I'm used to seeing in commercial foods, but the shrimp didn't mind at all. They did seem to go through it a little faster than they go through similar sized pads of other foods; I wonder if it's not quite as dense given the bigger particles, and they threw more of it around. However, I have babies in there right now, who were hanging at the outskirts and who definitely benefited from the strewn leftovers.

Overall great! Pretty sure they went for your food just as quickly and voraciously as they go for the name-brand stuff I have!

Got my sample on Friday. My shrimp loved it. The larger ones were having a tug of war. Even the mts lined up to eat. The food piece seemed to expand about 3x the original size. I would definitely add this food to their menu.

Thanks for opportunity to try it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elo500

Got my Sample yesterday, and am trying it on my various shrimp today. 

Results:

Malawa went nuts over it.

Marmorkrebs snatched it right away.

1/5 CRS shrimp came out of hiding for it, then had to suck it out via airline because of lost interest.

0/3 tanks of different types of cherries went for it.

So no luck with my cherries and crs taking it, but yes on Malawa and marmokrebs.

Jake's ca+.  As said though, my shrimp are unusually picky.  The cray went right for it, and crays can be very picky as well.

Each person will have different reactions from their colonies.  Someone else's colony (like yours) may jump at it.  Maybe it was too hard?  Like I said- they are picky guys. 

I'm trying Glasgarten next, and seeing if they go for that...

I have a few more recipes I'm working on. I made one tonight I'm calling "Bee's Knees." It is made with bee pollen as the primary ingredient, with sunburst squash, soy beans, and a "base mix." Bee pollen is approximately 35% protein, contains more than a dozen vitamins, and over 25 minerals. It's the world's first "superfood."

The base mix is a mix of alfalfa leaf, barley grass, brewers yeast, gingko biloba leaf, stinging nettles, and some veggies. I'm adding a little bit to each recipe to ensure there is complete nutrition in each recipe, in addition to the specific benefits of each recipe.

My shrimp loved it, they swarmed and fought over it:

IMG_2057_zps31edc619.jpg

IMG_2055_zps4a4ebb3c.jpg

I've created a few more foods that I've tested with my shrimp and some friends, and am offering it to the public. Not trying to advertise -- please delete if this is inappropriate -- but there is some up in the marketplace.

• 4 years later...

I adore shrimps and recently stumbled upon a new recipe with them.

How To Make Shrimp Chow Mein

I advise you to try.

• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
  • 2 packages of Chinese egg noodles
  • 1/4 cup of sliced green onion tops
  • 1/2 cup julienned carrots
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced white or yellow onion
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 1 cup shredded green cabbage
  • 1/4 cup of soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of honey