Worms in newly cycled tank

afdfc934d7e023b6af42b3b846be5b5b.jpg

This is my latest project. 10g tank. It's been cycling a while and nearly ready to add shrimp. Tonight I noticed tiny thin worms swimming in the water. They are about a centimeter long and threadlike. Plants are rooting and growing well. My big question to you all is should I treat the tank to kill the worms? If so, I want to do this before I add shrimp. Or will the shrimp eat these?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your quick reply. I have heavily planted shrimp tank that has had a snail issue/ what a project that has been to get rid of them. I didn't want to start the new tank off with a problem. I truly appreciate the support from this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Well, nothing wrong with having them there. They couldve hitched on a ride into your tank. However, if you wish to get rid of them just because they are just hard to look at....

You can temporarily add some fish that will hunt em down. (the fish you get is something u shud look up yourself) xD The back of my head is thinking of guppies or cories, but I am just pulling stuff out the back of my head