PRL white is fading away

I recently got 10 PRL and I am noticing the white starting to turn opaque on some. Is there something that I can do to prevent it or restore it?

180 tds, ph between 6.6 and 6.9. I am using Salty Bee Shrimp and RO and have about 5-6 GH and 1 KH. Any help is appreciated ?

image.jpg

Even if I am remineralizing with Salty Bee Shrimp? I think its Eco Complete

I do have a 75 with  Golden Bees a few Snows and maybe a couple of Mosura Mischlings and over a hundred babies all doing well. 

It seems like the white color is washing out and the red on some of the PRL seems like its bleeding into the Shrimp. I think they came from a very low pH @ 6. Will th pH being dropped help any?

I knew they were a challenge and this is the cleanest tank I have tds wise but the pH does creep up and I use Mosura pH down to get it back to 6.6. I worry that the gravel will drop my pH too far like the Peat Moss does.

Have you checked your pH of newly remineralized change water?  When I mix SS GH+ and RO the pH (for me) is usually right around 6.0.  Adding this to your (pH 6.9) tank causes pH fluctuations, as you have indicated through your previous post and your use of pH down (which also contributes to your TDS).  

I think I am incorrect about the Eco Complete. I believe that its black Flourite and a little of a mewer substrate. The name escpes me but its bb like and you can get it in different sizes. I have the Eco C in my Cardinal tank, apologies for the confusion.

I think about 6 is correct. Its a little 5g which isn't as stable I know. My top off for evaporation is around 6.5 I think. Thanks for the help. So the fading and color bleeding is a result of higher pH or is it something else?

No worries I know you are knowledgeable on SS and was just hoping to tap into someone who may have experienced this themselves.

I am planning and have already put RBT in with what I thought was Goldens but there are Snow ans Mich too and try to keep that @ 6.8.  I am shooting for Red White and Blue Caradina and having fun so far but all of my other shrimp tanks are over 7.2