TDS meter

Hey folks, I have another silly question. Sorry.

What meters do you folks use for TDS meters?? Mine looks like it gave up the ghost today or I just don't know how to use it lol . It was a cheap one from amazon, I suppose. Anyway, thanks for any info. 

I've been using the HM digital TDS EZ for over 3 years now.  I check it a couple of times a year against their 342 ppm salt solution.  It's always within a few ppm and I haven't had to replace the batteries yet.  I think it was around $20 on Amazon.

Hey folks, I have another silly question. Sorry.

What meters do you folks use for TDS meters?? Mine looks like it gave up the ghost today or I just don't know how to use it lol . It was a cheap one from amazon, I suppose. Anyway, thanks for any info. 

I have been overwhelmed with trying to sort out a decent one myself, following this thread!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a Doy TDS/EC meter from amazon. It can be set to F or C for temp and does ppm for Tds and EC. My problem with mine is that on Fahrenheit temp...it says 50degrees when I know the water temp is 73. I have used several thermometers to double check. So I am not so sure the TDS is correct.

I recently filled a 5g with DI water and it said TDS was 1. --24 hours later I had TDS of 36 in the tank, after dosing Prime and Stability. The temp is still wrong if I use F. When I use the Celsius side, it is a correct temp, and still shows 36ppm TDS. So I don't know if it is messed up or if I am doing something wrong. 

Archived