What type of shrimp is this??

Paradisefish

Hi there. This is my first time posting on a forum. I usually come to these for the vast amount of information. I have a question about what type of shrimp I have. I'm 70% sure it's a neocaridina but I've not seen one online so far that matches my shrimps. Pictures are below. It's not a cherry because the color is not red, but it's not a pumpkin either. It's a really deep orange. Did I accidently find a new color form? 

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

What is the lineage of the blue shrimp? While often sold as Blue Dreams, some prefer to call them Blue Diamonds if they come from a Chocolate lineage.
If those do come from Chocolates, what you're looking at is mixed grade Bloody Mary shrimp.

Blue Diamonds will occasionally throw red/black/brown babies.

Nice looking nerite!

The blue shrimp are blue dream velvets from a reputable source. No Chocolate lineage at all. And the orange color seems to be on the shell of the shrimp, with the flesh being clear, so it can't be any type of bloody mary, I believe. 

These orange shrimp came from a different shrimp altogether. It was from a orangey yellow berried female that was kept in a neo mix tank. It was gifted to me, so I just put her in the tank with my Blue dreams. She died shortly after hatching her eggs. 

Ahh, got it. I assumed they were offspring of your blues but I did notice they looked more like Blue Dreams than Blue Diamonds (I see a little carbon rili on some).
Sorry I can't help you more! I haven't kept any red/orange neos...

You likely are very aware of this already but I just want to point out that if they breed with your blues, you'll probably get some mutts. Some people like WTs, some don't.

Good call, sorry for pointing out the obvious.

They're pretty nice looking too, that could be a nice line to breed.

Archived