Transporting preg shrimp

Anth0YEE

My amano shrimp was carrying berries in my tank with fish. So i was in the process of transferring her to a 2 gal tank by herself. She ended up releasing her berries in the little goldfish carrier. Is it still safe to transfer into  2 gallon tank? if so tips would help on how to go about it

Amano babies are notoriously hard to raise. Several members on this forum have tried with mixed results.
Is this what you're trying to do?

Also, are you saying your amano dropped her eggs or that they hatched?

This is going to sound harsh but if you are not a breeder, there is no chance you will hatch amano eggs, whether they're dropped or still on the shrimp.
Unlike cards and neos --whose babies hatch fully formed-- amano babies have to go through a larval stage in brackish water before becoming little versions of the adult shrimp. If kept in freshwater, they'll simply die.

It sounds like a hellish process with a huge attrition rate, I would not recommend it unless you really know what you're doing. :/
Your amano is likely fine, she probably just dropped the eggs because of stress.

Red cherries are the easiest entry into breeding.
Cherries are a specific color morph of neocaridina heteropoda. There are many other color morphs that are quite beautiful and also easy to keep. Neocaridina are commonly called 'neos' for short.

By contrast, caridina cantonensis have another interesting gamut of colors and patterns available, although the shrimp themselves are much more expensive and harder to keep. I would only consider those once you are comfortable breeding neos (or want to spend a lot of money on equipment and shrimp...).

Archived