Question about rili shrimp

mexicatz

Do most rili shrimp like blue rili and carbon rili breed true but with different patterning? Right now I have 2 tanks, one with high grade one with low grade cherries, and was wondering if I sold off all the cherries and did a tank with carbon rili and a tank with blue rili if I would need to separate offspring at some point.

It depends what you mean by breeding "true". The offspring of a rili will be rili, but they might be really good looking rili with clear definition or really ugly rili with poor patterning.
If you were to go down that road, I would highly suggest having a cull tank since you'd want to maintain a good-looking line.

Are you talking about the blue rili with blue body/black head and tail?  You probably already know this but that's actually bred from carbon rilis, for what it's worth.

I actually purchased those shrimp many months ago. The ones I received were mostly blue, very few had the defined rili pattern you want. 
I think it's also worth pointing out that AAs shrimps are imported (which many on this forum will caution against) and not particularly cheap. Good customer service, though.

The very commonly found "blue dream" or "blue velvet dream" is bred from the blue rilis you're interested in and can be found USA bred for cheaper from members of this website and Aquabid. I would recommend asking around in the marketplace to see if anyone has some blue/black rilis they'd be willing to part with. 

Best of luck!