Rack Air Pump

Hey ShrimpSpot!

Need your help once again! Can you share with me what you currently use for your Rack System Air Pump? I want to know what you recommend, why you recommend it, and pros/cons if any. 

Only requirements: High quality and Air Pump must be exceptionally quiet.

Thank you all for your help.

DETAquarium

I've been using a Jehmco LPH26 piston air pump for 5+ years now, and it's been as quiet and hassle-free as the day I bought it. I honestly don't have a con to give, other than the price, but now that I said that it'll probably break tomorrow...

Whatever you plan to get, linear piston air pumps are the way to go, imo. They work great, and no worries about blowing diaphragms.

DET I'm using an Alita AL-15.  I also couldn't list a negative..........it's more than powerful enough for my tanks/rack, is quiet, and built like a tank.  A part of my system that I don't have to think about..........

I almost went with an Alita. They do have some great reviews, but after replacing diaphragms in some of my cheaper pumps I decided to go with a piston design.

You probably can't go wrong either way. Diaphragms in quality pumps like the Alita would probably last a very long time, and you can always get replacements if necessary. My vote still goes with the Jehmco piston, pump, though.

7 hours ago, treefisher said:

I almost went with an Alita. They do have some great reviews, but after replacing diaphragms in some of my cheaper pumps I decided to go with a piston design.

You probably can't go wrong either way. Diaphragms in quality pumps like the Alita would probably last a very long time, and you can always get replacements if necessary. My vote still goes with the Jehmco piston, pump, though.

Thank you for sharing treefisher, tough decision for sure, but at the end of the day as long as they can get the job done and are quiet, I will be happy.

Hey All!

Thank you for the feedback on the air pump I think I have narrowed down the one I want.

Now I need help with rack lighting! I assume most people use one light that would cover all aquariums, like an LED Strip.

What are some of your favorite/best options for LED lighting for your rack aquariums?

My only must have is the ability to ramp up and down, dimmable.

Thank you for your continued help and input.

DETAquarium

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For any that might stumble upon this thread, I ended up going with a Jehmco LPH45.  (http://www.jehmco.com/html/lph45.html)

It is pretty dead quiet and works very well!  I am running 21 outlets on it currently with a 3/4" PVC loop around the room.  It feels like there is plenty more power left to run more tanks if needed.  

4 hours ago, wyzazz said:

For any that might stumble upon this thread, I ended up going with a Jehmco LPH45.  (http://www.jehmco.com/html/lph45.html)

It is pretty dead quiet and works very well!  I am running 21 outlets on it currently with a 3/4" PVC loop around the room.  It feels like there is plenty more power left to run more tanks if needed.  

I have hailea v60 , its a lilte noisy, but its cheap.

I run 18 air filters, and i can add more...