hi everyone,

I want to breed blue carbon rili and blue neocaridina, but there is only one empty tank left. so the question is, if i put them together, what will be the offsprings, do i get both blue carbon and blue neocaridina still?

the second question is: there are different types such as blue velvet, blue jell,which kind of blue neocaridina can i put into his tank?

thanks for helping and sharing.

From what I understand, you can put Blue Dream neos in with your carbons. They're bred from the same lineage so you should be ok.
Other blues may create WT offspring (Blue Velvets for sure, I did something similar).

Yes, I'm in the same boat as you.  I ended up getting 6 shrimp form the Local Pet Store and they gave me a couple of blue rili, a few carbons rili, and a pure blue one.  I think that is what it is happening in there.  Anyways I am getting myself some more carbons.  The LPS  said they were ALL Carbons..but I think they are wrong.  As long as they all come out with some type of blue on them I will be happy.  

11 hours ago, Muratkocer said:

hi everyone,

I want to breed blue carbon rili and blue neocaridina, but there is only one empty tank left. so the question is, if i put them together, what will be the offsprings, do i get both blue carbon and blue neocaridina still?

the second question is: there are different types such as blue velvet, blue jell,which kind of blue neocaridina can i put into his tank?

thanks for helping and sharing.

I also want to address the blue jelly/blue velvet thing:
Don't try to mix blue jellies with your carbons. You'll almost certainly get WT for the first generation. Crossing the WT to each other will give you a bunch of low-grade neos (carbon, red rili, blue jelly, blue dream), but the traits that are specific to each lineage won't mix. Think of it as undoing generations of selection for a specific trait. You're just revealing what each lineage has been selected away from. It's fine if you want a variety of lower grade shrimp with some WTs thrown in, but I personally think you're better off starting with specific line. 

The blue velvets are trickier: when you see blue velvets for sale, they're usually just blue jellies (red rili lineage) but sometimes they're actually blue dream (carbon lineage). If you see "blue dream velvet", that usually means carbon lineage, but I've purchased "blue dream velvets" that actually came from a chocolate lineage, which many would call blue diamonds instead. If the blue velvets are a light blue, they're probably blue jellies. Check for tiny splotches of red around the eyes and antenna, that should be a tip-off that you're looking at red rili lineage.