Questions about breeding Taitibees

So, you get a Tibee from crossing tiger x bee and sometimes people cross CRS/CBS x Tiger. 

The main focus on the Tibee would be the taiwan bee genetics. Then you cross Taibee to Taiwan bee to get Taitibee.

I am wondering about the tiger x bee part.

People use the OEBT or blonde tiger, right? I see black tigers, red tigers, TT are available sometimes too. Personally, I have one random tiger shrimp and I dont know what it is. It's lines are blue and the body is blonde. 

Mixing a tiger(anykind) x tiger(different kind) and using the baby for crossing it with a bee would yield what kind of result? Would that not be a good move?

I guess it would depend on the quality and the type of genes the tiger x tiger baby would carry? If it was ugly, then of course it wouldnt be good, right? Am I completely lost and thinking wrong about this whole concept? Thank you.

Great questions.

A Tibee as you said is a TB x Tiger or CBS/CRS x Tiger, however the main focus is the tiger genes, not TB. Once you capture those tiger genes you don't have to look back. You then cross this Tibee x TB for your Taitibee. Then breed out Taitibees for patterns, most of the time Pinto patterns.

People normally use tigers that breed "easier" per say, or specific patterns such as Pseudo Tigers. For example, most people don't use Super Tigers or Galaxy Tigers because they are normally "Wild", which is extremely difficult to breed out.

Hope this helps a bit.

DETAquarium

Using a specific type of tiger will yield different offsprings later on in the project. For instance using TT/AB, which are both Caridina Serrata, will give you fishbones and steelheads in later generations if crossed correctly. It really all depends on your goal in what you are trying to achieve. 

Now with tiger x tiger hybrids. That something a few ppl has done but you never hear what they crossed them with afterwards. I myself have crossed TTxRBT and offsprings came out looking like wild tigers but a bit greenish orange probably due to the TT color. 

LRM_EXPORT_20170921_150007.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20170921_150140.jpg

18 hours ago, DETAquarium said:

Great questions.

A Tibee as you said is a TB x Tiger or CBS/CRS x Tiger, however the main focus is the tiger genes, not TB. Once you capture those tiger genes you don't have to look back. You then cross this Tibee x TB for your Taitibee. Then breed out Taitibees for patterns, most of the time Pinto patterns.

People normally use tigers that breed "easier" per say, or specific patterns such as Pseudo Tigers. For example, most people don't use Super Tigers or Galaxy Tigers because they are normally "Wild", which is extremely difficult to breed out.

Hope this helps a bit.

DETAquarium

Wow, okay that was really helpful. I really appreciate the time you took to answer my question. I will be rereading this to make sure I totally understand. :D TYTY

18 hours ago, Josh M said:

To build a bit off DETAquarium's point regarding difficulty, I'd add that it can be hard to find certain tigers that will thrive in CRS/TB water parameters. 

AH. I did not think of that. You are right, it can sometimes be difficult to have them thrive in the same water parameters. :o

4 hours ago, Vshrimp said:

Using a specific type of tiger will yield different offsprings later on in the project. For instance using TT/AB, which are both Caridina Serrata, will give you fishbones and steelheads in later generations if crossed correctly. It really all depends on your goal in what you are trying to achieve. 

Now with tiger x tiger hybrids. That something a few ppl has done but you never hear what they crossed them with afterwards. I myself have crossed TTxRBT and offsprings came out looking like wild tigers but a bit greenish orange probably due to the TT color. 

LRM_EXPORT_20170921_150007.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20170921_150140.jpg

WOW. That color is amazing to me. I am really impressed and feel motivated. This is such a beautiful shrimp.