Micmol Aqua Mini LED

DETAquarium

Hey ShrimpSpot!

I need your help! I was setting up my 6th identical shrimp tank with my Micmol Aqua Mini LED and the base that attaches to the aquarium itself snapped in half. I am willing to purchase an entire setup completely or if someone has the same piece to replace that would be even better. Please let me know if you have or know someone that may be able to fix.

See picture below for reference. Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it.

59e2b39b6d173_MicmolBracket.jpg.be94a4b5002bd7cd74cee041fdefffdb.jpg

Hey DET, 

I agree with /u/shrimpsf.

From google:  Unlike many other gluing processes, acrylic glue softens the surfaces of the acrylicand welds them together, chemically bonding the two pieces into one.

Meaning with acrylic adhesives you can bond pieces together with some pretty reliable strenghth.  Worth trying imo.  I think if done perfectly the crack would almost disappear and be difficult to see.

16 hours ago, shrimpsf said:

Hi. i have used this.

Weld-On 4 Acrylic Adhesive. Bonds plexiglass pretty good.

Inexpensive.

Weld-On 4 Acrylic Adhesive

Thank you for sharing this, I just have to be very certain as if the adhesive fails, the LED will fall into the water. Not sure if its worth the risk or not.

***UPDATE***

Contacted Micmol directly the day it happened (Saturday), received a response Monday that they would be happy to replace, I would just have to pay shipping. I gladly did this, at the same time I reached out to a few people I knew purchased or had a MicMol Aqua Mini, I found one individual who was kind enough to sell me his unit. I went ahead and purchased an additional unit to ensure if any of my current malfunctioned I could simply replace. MicMol did inform me they were coming out with a G3 MicMol Aqua Mini next month for that I am very excited!

Thank you for all the recommendations and help!

DETAquarium