Newcomer needs HELP please.

Sandy

On 10/31/2017 at 10:51 PM, bobthesushiguy said:

I totally agree with aotf about getting test kit for ph, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.

You should start with that first if you are financially not able to spend any more for a gh and Kh test, imo. Because I am having great success without gh and kh test kits. BUT... for the best possible solution to find out the problem, getting both is the best thing to do!!!! :D

Then, watch how much you feed. Check out what you are feeding because some types of food are not good for shrimps. Foods with too much protein can kill shrimps. Copper is dangerous. 

Do you have any fishes picking on them?

The best thing was to at least search for other places to seek answers and advice! (glad you did that). Hopefully we can take a lot of factors out one by one and find out who the culprit is.

Quit with the Akronims most do not know what they mean...

On 11/1/2017 at 12:51 AM, bobthesushiguy said:

I totally agree with aotf about getting test kit for ph, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.

You should start with that first if you are financially not able to spend any more for a gh and Kh test, imo. Because I am having great success without gh and kh test kits. BUT... for the best possible solution to find out the problem, getting both is the best thing to do!!!! :D

Then, watch how much you feed. Check out what you are feeding because some types of food are not good for shrimps. Foods with too much protein can kill shrimps. Copper is dangerous. 

Do you have any fishes picking on them?

The best thing was to at least search for other places to seek answers and advice! (glad you did that). Hopefully we can take a lot of factors out one by one and find out who the culprit is.

11 hours ago, Shrimp lady said:

Quit with the Akronims most do not know what they mean...

What acronym are you referring to?