Mold on shrimp??!!

amanando7510

It looks more like an injury than an illness to me. I've never had to treat either in shrimp though so I can't advise there. If you have any alder cones and/or Indian Almond Leaves (catappa leaves) I would add them to the tank asap as they definitely won't hurt and the tannins as they release will help but they take time so hopefully someone will come along with another idea that works a bit more quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It looks more like an injury than an illness to me. I've never had to treat either in shrimp though so I can't advise there. If you have any alder cones and/or Indian Almond Leaves (catappa leaves) I would add them to the tank asap as they definitely won't hurt and the tannins as they release will help but they take time so hopefully someone will come along with another idea that works a bit more quickly.

That is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I ment thanks

To me, it looks like it had an injury and the injury is being infected with some kind of bacteria. Anyone else think it would be a good idea to separate this fellow from the main tank? If you have any possible hospital tanks, maybe you can get one prepared. As of right now, I am not sure if that shrimp is capable of handling being switched into a tank and whether that thing may be slightly contagious. The alder cones and almond leaves are a good idea!!! Actually, it looks strangely similar to fungus that I have seen on guppies. You might want to look it up. 

To me, it looks like it had an injury and the injury is being infected with some kind of bacteria. Anyone else think it would be a good idea to separate this fellow from the main tank? If you have any possible hospital tanks, maybe you can get one prepared. As of right now, I am not sure if that shrimp is capable of handling being switched into a tank and whether that thing may be slightly contagious. The alder cones and almond leaves are a good idea!!! Actually, it looks strangely similar to fungus that I have seen on guppies. You might want to look it up. 
I don't have one but I separated him and put a piece of an almond leaf in the container