What is this pH?

Hello everyone!

I have been having trouble reading pH...

so can anyone tell me the exact pH of the water if you were to add the proper Salty Shrimp Shrimp Mineral GH/KH+  to the 10liters as it says on the instructions to RODI 0 tds water?

its one of those scoops for kh:3 gh:6 and tds:250-350

however what would the pH be???

if anyone knows, please let me know:)

thanks

wow, I would have no idea what it would be. I think it depends starting on the ph you initially have too!

Too many factors can make it different, so if u have the chance to upload a photo of ur ph test, then maybe we can help out better. OR someone who is more capable than I can do it for u with that info

I know someone that is doing similar mix and using the same exact stuff.  He came out to have GH 6, KH 3, and PH about 7.4.  If you do not let the water sit and degass with a powerhead and or airstone the results may be a bit different at first.  This is why its best to let it sit for a bit so it can degass and give you a more accurate PH reading.  

Remember that with RO/DI water your initial PH will vary due to no KH and also gasses as gasses are not filtered out.  After a couple/few days the gasses should be gone and should give you a neutral PH of 7(No minerals added).  So by adding that amount of SS GH/KH+ it should put you in around the 7.4-7.5 range.

1 hour ago, ClownPlanted said:

I know someone that is doing similar mix and using the same exact stuff.  He came out to have GH 6, KH 3, and PH about 7.4.  If you do not let the water sit and degass with a powerhead and or airstone the results may be a bit different at first.  This is why its best to let it sit for a bit so it can degass and give you a more accurate PH reading.  

Remember that with RO/DI water your initial PH will vary due to no KH and also gasses as gasses are not filtered out.  After a couple/few days the gasses should be gone and should give you a neutral PH of 7(No minerals added).  So by adding that amount of SS GH/KH+ it should put you in around the 7.4-7.5 range.

Ok thank you very much!

I was guessing like around 7.4-7.6 but couldnt get an exact finger on it:(

Thanks for the info!!:)