Selective breeding, can I have your opinions...?

I currently have a Fluval Spec V which is my shrimp tank, stocked with 20~ Cherry Shrimp, 1 Orange Rili (berring when I bought her and successfully birthed fry), and 2 Crystal Blacks.

Last week I ordered 20 Assorted Rili Neo Davidi Male Shrimp (I thought I was ordering a mix of Males & Females, sadly mistaken). I also ordered the Dennerle/Shrimp King 10g (Shrimp King Tank) to put them in seperate from my Cherry Shrimp tank.

My question is this…

I want to interbreed these Rili shrimp and in order to do that I will need to purchase a “Breeder Combo Pack” (10 female & 5 male) but I do not know what would be the best option to go with to breed with the 20 Assorted Rili Neo Davidi Male Shrimp that I already have coming.

Only options that guarantee females:

— Neon Yellow (Neocaridia Davidi)

— Orange Sakura (Neocaridia Davidi)

— Sky Blue Velvet (Neocaridia Davidi)

— Golden Back Yellow (Neocaridia Davidi)

((Other Freshwater Shrimp from AquaticArts:

https://aquaticarts.com/collections/freshwater-shrimp?sort_by=best-selling))

I am looking to buy from AquaticArts because they have reasonable prices and I trusted shipping methods, but if anyone knows another source to purchase from that would have better options for what I am trying to do I would be grateful for that information

Ive been doing my own research to see how interbreeding will turn out but is such a very in depth and situational topic, and I know if I get the wrong type of Neocaridia davidi then it would be possible that one gene is more dominate and would possibly just end up being all one color.

Can I please have your opinions?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquatic arts is known to have people complain about sick shrimp and doas. The best place to start is with healthy shrimp - try to find a hobby breeder if you can.

Mixing your neo shrimp may give you mostly brown babies which in the hobby is referred to as "wild type" you could possibly get a solid colored shrimp here or there but usually it just ends up with alot of more undesirable looking shrimp.