How to improve PRL white (shell thickness and coloration)

Zima

Hi!

I want to improve white color on my PRL, and  looking for any advices from experienced colleagues.

pH: 6,0-6,1

GH/KH: gH 8, kH 0,

TDS: 145-160 
Temperature:  24.5-25.2°C 

Substrate: Ista Premium Soil 3.5mm

Filtration: External Filter  Dophin CF300 + aeration

Whats Inside? flame moss, phoenix moss, ricardia moss, bucephalandra sp.?, weeping moss (vesicularia ferriei) - on bonsai wood, dragon stone (completely neutral), Black Cones, Catappa leaves, Oak Leaves

The tank was cycled for 2 months before the shrimps added to tank by 03 september 2017

WC: RO+SaltyShrimp Bee Shrimp Mineral GH+ and Mosura BT-9 -> 10% per 1 week

My feeding plan now (feeding 2 times a day) 

Monday: Ebi Dama/Ebi Dama Special  + Mosura Shrimpton 
Tuesday: Glassgarten Bacter AE+ Glassgarten Baby
Wednesday: Ebi Dama/Ebi Dama Special + Mosura Shrimpton
Thursday: Glassgarten Bacter AE+ Glassgarten Baby
Friday: Ebi Dama/Ebi Dama Special + Mosura Shrimpton
Saturday:  Glassgarten Bacter AE+ Glassgarten Baby
Sunday: Ebita Breed Spinach Tab + Mosura Shrimpton/Glassgarten Bacter AE

Is it possible to improve white with selective breeding or/and is it possible to do with other techniques/feeding products?

Also i'm looking for experienced users of MK Breed products, cos i want their opinion about possibilities to improve white color with MK Breed product line. 

Number 3-001.jpg

How can u keep this gh ?

When i get  gh to 6 with tds 130-150 , i saw molting problem in babies and adults...

I use to ss gh+ , my target is ~110...

Usually you need to use the water parameters from _your_ shrimps breeder/supplier.

My supplier/breeder recommendations is 140-180 TDS (GH=TDS/17,86). My shrimps delivered to me with TDS 156.

I haven't seen molting problems yet for adults and babies.

Maybe i'm not experienced and doesn't know what will happens with "molting problems", but i haven't seen any dead shrimps and shrimplets yet.

22 minutes ago, Zima said:

Usually you need to use the water parameters from _your_ shrimps breeder/supplier.

My supplier/breeder recommendations is 140-180 TDS (GH=TDS/17,86). My shrimps delivered to me with TDS 156.

I haven't seen molting problems yet for adults and babies.

Maybe i'm not experienced and doesn't know what will happens with "molting problems", but i haven't seen any dead shrimps and shrimplets yet.

Yes suplier can recoment 140-180 tds.. but only mineral?

Maybe he use mossura tds up , to make this tds..

Dont read delivery tds, its not corrects.. breeder was lower..

Hello Zima,

I am on the same boat as you. I am trying to create an all White form of the PRL CRS. I personally do not know how to improve the coloration and Shell thickness.

However, I created my own Shrimp Food in a powder form. And use it every other day. And on the off days I use either bee pollen, or GlasGarten Mineral Junkie Pearls- Kostenlose Probe.

Since I started using my home-brewed Shrimp Food I have seen a massive increase in the coloration. 

The ingredients I used

1/2 Cup of powdered dried leaves. Mullberry, maple, pear, apple, alder, oak, ect..... Whatever leaves I was able to grab while hunting for Alder cones. :)

20g of Moringa oleifera powder

15g of Spirulina powder

15g Chlorella powder

15g of Marine Phytoplankton powder

30g of Wheatgrass powder

30g of Stinging Nettle

Mix all products inside a nutri blender. Be carefull to not overheat it.

I have considered using some insect powder along with my home made Food. I have not noticed a reason to yet. I feel my Shrimp are getting all their vitimins, and Minerals needed.

I am providing a link to a post of my PRL's on a German Forum. Check them out and let me know what you think.

https://www.wirbellotse.de/flohmarkt/entry/103-just-in-time-for-christmas-prl-crs-for-sale/

Kind regards,

JonRon

42 minutes ago, JonRon said:

However, I created my own Shrimp Food in a powder form

Wow!

I'm personally very like the Idea to create home-cooked meal for shrimps, but it's can be dangerous for my _little colony_ of PRL - for now.

It's can be a good option for my cull tank - i'm planning to setup it at the middle of next month to have it ready at the middle of January.

Thank you a lot for recipe. I have some questions:

1. What size of the your cup for leaves - 200 ml?

2. Is it Autumn leaves? 

I like the striped tail on this shrimp. What kind of PRL you have? jPRL?

22110-dsc-0736-jpg 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...