Torn between substrates SL vs ADA

I recently decided to return to the hobby and raise Crystal Red Shrimps.

I currently have a 17g ADA tank, and was looking into different substrates that would be the best to use (help buffer PH, etc etc)

I can't decide between...

SL-Aqua Nature Soil

ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia

Fluval Shrimp Stratum

Price isn't really an issue, I just want the best option possible. Also, how many bags of each, would you recommend in a 17 gallon?

Thanks

3 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

I think either the ada or the SL will both be good.  just know that the ada gives off ammonia for up to 4 weeks.

also one of our own here on the forum sells SL products  -  @bostoneric  from discobee

Thank you,

I will most likely lean towards SL Aqua unless I can get a good deal on ADA aqua soil. 

I use ada and its been proven over years of use by many hobbyists and well known breeders as well.  Its also not that pricey if your setting up a 10 gallon all you need is a 3L bag per 10 gallons (17 gallons you'd aim closer to 4-5 Litres). There is a longer wait with ADA to release ammonia and fully cycle. I do also want to try SL aqua just to compare the 2. I hear that it also is great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ADA-Aquascape-Malaya-Substrate-Aquasoil-3L-Aqua-Soil-Stone-Plants-Fish-Shrimp/172910536589?hash=item284245678d:g:AH0AAOSw4P1Z1~cA

Archived