what makes it an Ivory or Albino mystery snail?

kat.filf

To start, yes I've read this article on mystery snail colors and genetics and it does not answer my questions and yes I have searched endlessly on Applesnail.net for answers as well. I cannot make an account on their site and ask them either as their sign-up page is very buggy and does not load the CAPCHA correctly, not allowing me to see the entire CAPCHA image or what I'm typing into it.

I want to know what makes a mystery snail an albino VS it being an Ivory. Why can one be sold as one and not the other? If a true albino snail is to have no pigmentation then are the mystery snails with chestnut shells I see sold as "albino" not really albino?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the simple answer is that none of them or several of them are albino. The name "albino" is a trade name that is applied unevenly. I've seen "albino" used to describe mystery snails that are ivory, gold, and light-bodied w/ pink or purple shell color.

• 7 months later...