Jump to content

Algae?


Kajun_Kong

Recommended Posts

You need to give it more time than that.  I'd give it a week before you start to see results.


I’ve been doin the 4 ml a day maybe increase at the end of the week? Also would I had three healthy looking shrimp die off.. could it be the peroxide?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kajun_Kong said:

 


I’ve been doin the 4 ml a day maybe increase at the end of the week? Also would I had three healthy looking shrimp die off.. could it be the peroxide?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I didn't have any shrimp die because of the H2O2 dosing regimin I did.  Have you been doing water changes as well?  How is your A/N/N in the tank?  If the Algae is dying off you need to remove the organic matter or it could start to decay and raise the Ammonia or Nitrite if your filter/bacteria can't keep up with it.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't have any shrimp die because of the H2O2 dosing regimin I did.  Have you been doing water changes as well?  How is your A/N/N in the tank?  If the Algae is dying off you need to remove the organic matter or it could start to decay and raise the Ammonia or Nitrite if your filter/bacteria can't keep up with it.  
 

I get it tested weekly where I buy my shrimp a fish they say it’s good!
I do only like a 10% change every Tuesday!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can do heavier water changes if you'd like, just ensure you match the temp and water parameters.  H2O2 gasses off with time, so your water should be good as far as that is concerned.  No, the algae is not a threat to your fish/shrimp.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can do heavier water changes if you'd like, just ensure you match the temp and water parameters.  H2O2 gasses off with time, so your water should be good as far as that is concerned.  No, the algae is not a threat to your fish/shrimp.  


So just my plants are at risk ? I might just try to spot check the algae if it’s no issue to my little guys


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kajun_Kong said:

 


So just my plants are at risk ? I might just try to spot check the algae if it’s no issue to my little guys


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Right, it isn't hurting the livestock.  But it is there because it's trying to correct an imbalance of nutrients and light in the tank.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, wyzazz said:

Right, it isn't hurting the livestock.  But it is there because it's trying to correct an imbalance of nutrients and light in the tank.  

 

In general, wyz, I thought algae was a product of excess exposure to light?  What part do nutrients play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wyzazz said:

Light is only one component, algae needs other nutrients to grow and reproduce just like any other plant.  

 

I was definitely an over-feeder.  Would that do it?  I'm dealing with that fuzzy black algae that clings to plants in tiny bunches.  Am in the midst of my own H2O2 treatment.  I've been working on water chem before re-stocking my tank. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

 

I was definitely an over-feeder.  Would that do it?  I'm dealing with that fuzzy black algae that clings to plants in tiny bunches.  Am in the midst of my own H2O2 treatment.  I've been working on water chem before re-stocking my tank. 

Absolutely!  That is one of the reasons I like snails.  They tend to gobble up any excess food.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wyzazz said:

Absolutely!  That is one of the reasons I like snails.  They tend to gobble up any excess food.  

 

Yep, my snail population, along with my algae, was thriving while my poor little neos died young.  (Got bad info from my LFS as a newbie.)  Trying to do it right this time.   Thanks!  Your azz is indeed wyz.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Sandy said:

 

Yep, my snail population, along with my algae, was thriving while my poor little neos died young.  (Got bad info from my LFS as a newbie.)  Trying to do it right this time.   Thanks!  Your azz is indeed wyz.  

Haha, that's funny!  Just an old nickname from the Marine Corps.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wyzazz said:

Haha, that's funny!  Just an old nickname from the Marine Corps.  

 

A marine?  That's awesome!  As for the nickname, the way my Dad taught it to me, it has nothing to do with intelligence, right? Ha!  Is there  a tattoo to match? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...