Which shrimp express the "backline"?

I don't think so, I may be wrong though.  The backline AFAIK is on the shell and Bloody Mary's have a translucent shell and pigmented tissue underneath. 

The Black Rose, on the other hand, are all black (I think they've got a pigmented shell) so they wouldn't typically have a backline but I'm sure there are some that have thrown it.  

5 minutes ago, wyzazz said:

I don't think so, I may be wrong though.  The backline AFAIK is on the shell and Bloody Mary's have a translucent shell and pigmented tissue underneath. 

The Black Rose, on the other hand, are all black (I think they've got a pigmented shell) so they wouldn't typically have a backline but I'm sure there are some that have thrown it.  

So it's possible for the black rose's to have that backline then? I would love to somehow breed a black rose with the backline, I feel like that would be one stunning shrimp lol

I believe so.  While it's not typical or might not even be desired in a Black Rose, I'd think you could probably get one.  Try finding a Cherry or something similar with a darker backline and see what comes out when interbreeding with a Black Rose.

Are the Black Roses you're referring to chocolate lineage? If that's the case, then I believe you can get some with a backline. Some of mine have 1/2 of a backline or some splotchiness in that area. I also do not recommend breeding them with cherries, you'll get WTs since they come from totally different lineages.

I think it's less frequent for BMs to have a backline (especially high-grade since it's bred out) but my BM has the beginnings of what you're looking for. I imagine you could get something solid after several generations of breeding.

Sorry for pic quality, I used the digital zoom.

IMG_7411.JPG.002c960929e7a90c4e5d0d808d2f5f36.JPG

• 6 months later...