Question on what to do next.....

OblongShrimp

So I am torn on where I should grow The Shrimp Tank.  I have two basic directions I am looking to go.

Expand my product lines:

Benibachi

Ebi-Ken

Ebita Breed

or some other brands

Import rare shrimp:

Red and Black Taiwan Bees

Blue Bolts

Blue King Kong/Blue Jelly

Green King Kong

Yellow King Kon (Yellow Crystal)

Tawian Pintos

Yellow Rili's Neos (the real deal)

Black Rose Neos

Bloody Mary Neos

Green Jade Neos

Yellow Jade Neos

Ellen Wang PRL

Looking for peoples opinions :)  The importing is far more capital intensive but a lot of these variants are not currently available in the US.

I agree with the above. I think importing would be a large risk, but also great reward could come. If you can successfully acquire the specimens above and price them well, you would undoubtedly recoup your investment quick. Along with importing new shrimp you would have to look to some marketing/advertising expense as well to bring in new customers and to enlighten hobbyists that you now carry rare breeds.

Just my opinion. 

Ya importing is a larger risk but large rewards :)

your first test on the importing worked out fine no?

I think the largest risk in importing "rare" or new variants is reputation.

People expect variants to breed true, and when they don't- they unfairly blame the importer instead of the "manufacturer."

The risk is not only in the shrimp survival, it also is in reputation.  After all, you can only go on what the seller overseas tells you- and that is not always accurate.

The guy I would be importing from is one of the most well known names in the hobby so unless they are purposely lying to me they know their stuff.

I will figure out all the costs and get a rough idea of prices and post them up and see if people would be interested in them. 

I am definitely interested in pricing as I plan to be purchasing 10 Taiwan Bees and 10 PRL CRS within the next 3-4 weeks.

The guy I would be importing from is one of the most well known names in the hobby so unless they are purposely lying to me they know their stuff.

I will figure out all the costs and get a rough idea of prices and post them up and see if people would be interested in them. 

I am definitely interested in pricing as I plan to be purchasing 10 Taiwan Bees and 10 PRL CRS within the next 3-4 weeks.

What is your budget range for PRL CRS ?

A little of both then your expanding in two area's. I do believe there is a growing interest in high end shrimp. Give it a try once or twice and see if it's worth it. I'm sure that some of the shrimp will end up in some of our breeding tanks new blood is always welcome.

I know it's a lot to ask, but ask if each var breeds true. :)

I plan to spend $400 between the Taiwan Bees and PRL CRS.

What is your budget range for PRL CRS ?

Ellen Line Pure Red Line Grade E1 - $450

Thick coloration, red legs coverage 50% to 70%

Ellen Line Pure Red Line Grade E2 $70

Thick coloration, red legs slight to less then 40% coverage

Ellen Line Pure Red Line Grade E3 $18

Good coloration, banded, V bands and Tiger Tooth

Ellen Line Pure Red Line Grade E4 $10

Color is thin, V bands, bands and Tiger Tooth.

This is an idea of what I may be charging for them depending on what my shipping costs end up being.

Try Barging down on the Ellen wangs she is giving bob a better price than that heck I was getting the e2 at 50$ each and now I have heard people getting them at 40$ now. God knows I will never buy from him again though.

You must be working with silane.

I was quoted e1 for 160-240 depending on the shrimp and I could pick the ones from photos

Will you be doing this on your own, or will you open it up to others who may wish to order as well? Could help defray costs, and would get different varieties spread around the U.S. Plus after a year or so, it would give line breeding material to cross back.

I'd be interested in the solid and rili yellows...

I would probably be doing it on my own but giving people who preordered 20-30% off or something. 

I think it would be great to import all of the shrimp species. The more we can spread them around the USA the better.

I am weary on the yellow King Kong as it is really a tiatibee as it is a tb breed back to tt. That is how they came out with it. So I don't know how it would breed out to each other and to other type shrimp