Mulberry Leaves

Triton

No, boil it for 10 minutes first.

I've fed fresh picked without a problem, however blanching allows killing of any bad bacteria and breaking down of cells faster.

I picked a few, washed them off, let the die/dry out and dropped them in the tank. Shrimp were all over them.  There was one that I didn't let dry out, it seemed to never break down and shrimp weren't interested in it after the first night.

I grew some Stinging Nettles leaves in a large pot this summer. I cut some of the fresh leaves off,

and boiled them for 5 to 7 minutes, let them cool and put them in. They were gone by morning.

The Shrimp loved the Stinging Nettles leaves that were fresh and green. They were fairly small

as the plants have not grown in fully yet. I planted the organic seeds in May and they are just

giving me some small plants now in the very large flower pot. But the shrimp definitely like them.

• 5 years later...

I dry the mulberry leaves in the shade and feed them to the tank  Sink in one day gone  by the third day does not make  sense to me to boil them.  Lose properties. What Kind of shrimp disease could inhabit a mulberry tree ?