Hygger air pump

Hey so iv been looking at getting a new air pump.  Iv considered the alita and jhemco but came across hygger.  They have great reviews and i can run 2 for the price of an alita or 4 for a jhemco.  My thinking being redundancy and the odds of having 2 fail in one day is pretty low.  Has anyone used this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075653ZL2/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=A3HXUMKHTLNOI4&psc=1

Never used one, but for the price I'd say give it a shot!  How many tanks are you planning to run?  I've got 17 tanks (15 HMF's and 6 Sponges, along with 3 HOB breeder boxes) on a Jehmco LPH45 with air to spare.  And I can't hear it at all...

never used that one but depending on how many tanks you are trying to run might make a difference.  If I were running as many tanks as @wyzazz I would use the alita or the jehmco. but I run 6 tanks right now and use this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JPEVMC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used this for several years without any problems.  It even went through a total rack collapse where I lost all of my tanks and it is still kicking.  They are so inexpensive that I bought an extra for backup should I ever need it.

The link didn't pull anything up on amazon.

Right now im running 5 tanks but will be adding 4 more soon. Does anyone know how much air volume i need to run a small jetlifter or the small dual sponge filters? Id like to be able to run an air line to each and not need to always balance them with valves. Is my thinking correct that only a set amount of air can pass through either the jetlifter or sponge filter. Or would the different legenth of air lines affect it enough that id still need to adjust valves. Also where is the cheapest place to get the little air line valves to screw into pvc pipe. Oh and do i need to tap the pvc or can i just drill a hole and the threads will cut their own path.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, MNCarpenter said:

I re searched it on amazon.  try this link.  if it doesnt work search for Active Aqua air pump

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Aqua-Air-Pump-Outlets/dp/B002JPEVMC/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1533139253&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=active+aqua+air+pump

How loud is it? My shrimp tanks are in mybedroom and currently im running it off 2 fusion600 air pumps. So i can deal with some noise but there is a limit. Also do you think it outs out the rated air volume?

1 hour ago, MNCarpenter said:

Right now im running 5 tanks but will be adding 4 more soon. Does anyone know how much air volume i need to run a small jetlifter or the small dual sponge filters? Id like to be able to run an air line to each and not need to always balance them with valves. Is my thinking correct that only a set amount of air can pass through either the jetlifter or sponge filter. Or would the different legenth of air lines affect it enough that id still need to adjust valves. Also where is the cheapest place to get the little air line valves to screw into pvc pipe. Oh and do i need to tap the pvc or can i just drill a hole and the threads will cut their own path.

It really depends on the depth of the tanks and the restriction you're adding.  And yes, if you've got a bunch of tanks with different lengths of hose on the airlines, you'll need to adjust them individually with valves to control your flow to each tank.  Just a quick call to Alita or Jehmco and those guys will assist you in figuring it all out.  

I'd run a PVC Manifold or a loop for that many tanks, JMO.  Leaving one end open on a loop/manifold and putting a gate valve on it will allow you to bleed off excess back-pressure if you have any.  This will quiet almost any pump down significantly.  And you can put hose on that bleeder valve and run it out to almost any place you want to quiet it down.  

I bought my valves on eBay, just drilled a hole slightly smaller than the threads and then put the barbed end of the valve into my drill and slowly used each valve to cut its own threads.  

My Jehmco LPH-45 is the quietest air pump I've ever heard, it's the best piece of equipment I've purchased to date!  

1 hour ago, MNCarpenter said:

How loud is it? My shrimp tanks are in mybedroom and currently im running it off 2 fusion600 air pumps. So i can deal with some noise but there is a limit. Also do you think it outs out the rated air volume?

It is not very loud, but is not silent for sure.  It is in a seperate room from where I sleep but I dont think it would bother me trying to sleep at all. 

as for volume, I have another one of these running 4 sponge filters in 2 different 100g rubbermaid tubs in my garage that I keep goldfish in.  at full speed it ripples the top of the water enough that I can not see whether my fish are eating, so I have to turn it down during feeding time so I can see the fish from above. 

I use the 4 port version on my shrimp tanks T'd off to run 6 tanks & and I have it dialed down. 

Im gonna give that supreme aqua 4 outlet pump a shot for now and upgrade to a jhemco after iv got the rest of the tanks n shrimp purchased as id like to step up to a bigger rack but can only do things as finances allow. Sucks having gotten into fish first having tripple or more wrapped up in 4 tanks than a 16 tank shrimp rack would cost. And im learning there is very little return on used fish equipment but thats how it goes.

2 hours ago, MNCarpenter said:

Im gonna give that supreme aqua 4 outlet pump a shot for now and upgrade to a jhemco after iv got the rest of the tanks n shrimp purchased as id like to step up to a bigger rack but can only do things as finances allow. Sucks having gotten into fish first having tripple or more wrapped up in 4 tanks than a 16 tank shrimp rack would cost. And im learning there is very little return on used fish equipment but thats how it goes.

Im not familiar with that one, but I am sure it will be fine.

I ended up going with the hygger.  It didn't have any bad reviews and i got a 10 back of airline threaded fittings.  They are made by uxcell and Less than a buck each.  Ill post a review when the stuff shows up.  Thanks to everyone for their input 

I have one of these, it is DEAD silent, literally quietest of all my air pumps.       I originally had it powering 4 10 g tanks, with things turned down a bit.     Now I have it powering two 5G tanks and nearly have the valves fully closed.     It's going to be powering a 30G tank for me i'm about to setup.   

Can't tell you how quiet this is.   And i'm 100% anal about noise.   Whenever buying new pumps I usually order 3 (of the same pump)...figure out which one is the quietest and send the other two back (thanks amazon prime).  

I can't express how sensitive i am to the loudness of my tanks.   I've got 5 tanks running in my office and you walk in and my office is dead silent.  The two 5 g's this is powering are right next to my desk and i cant hear it.   I can see it, i can touch it from my chair...but I can't hear it at all.   On a very rare occasion something else on the shelf it's on may start rattling, but a tap, and it's solved.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:02 AM, chappy6107 said:

I tried one of these, and it was way to loud for my tastes

• 3 weeks later...

Just incase anyone was curious the threaded airline fittings need a 13/64 drill bit. A 3/16 is just a tad small and i dont thing trying to make the hole bigger by tilting the drill would work. So if your looking to build a pvc air system grab a 13/64 bit along with the valves