Hey Shrimpers!

Two months ago I bought a group of PRL Crystal Reds from a seller and I was really happy to notice that a few of them had red eyes! So I did some research online and to see if it’s common? Do any of you guys also have any CRS with red eyes? 

I’m aware that some people might say that they have been mixed with golden bees, but I doubt it since I trust the seller!

Heres a picture of one of the bigger ones :)

Should I try and cull the red ones to see if this trait can be bred?

409710C3-FD03-489A-83A1-639BEE204748.jpeg

5 hours ago, Maurice said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that crs is definitely not prl.

Its either a very low quality crs (c grade) or has got some tiger genes in it.

and the red eyes are quite common yes

Hehe yes I am aware that it’s a lower grade, this one is also a bit older and the colors are worn off ;) 100% sure there are no tiger genes, it’s just that it looks like it because of the grading. There are S grades in the tank with red eyes though!

And you said it’s not a PRL, but isn’t the definition of Pure Red Line that it has not been mixed with other genes keeping the gene pool pure? Just because that a few of the shrimp from the seller could have been his cullings still doesn’t mean they are not PRL right? 

6 hours ago, Aqua Jai said:

And you said it’s not a PRL, but isn’t the definition of Pure Red Line that it has not been mixed with other genes keeping the gene pool pure?

Pure lines can bred to other pure lines and still be considered "PRL". They just can't have common CRS genes mixed in there that will throw golden bee phenotypes. So the definition would be a crystal red bee that never produces golden bee offspring or any coloration other than red and white (same goes for any other pure line PWL, PBL, etc.) In a sense, a PRL is a CRS but a CRS is not a PRL. If that makes any sense.