24 hour lighting cycle experiment.

Shrimpfoot

I just got a new finnex planted plus 24/7 light for one of my shrimp tanks to replace a different light fixture.  I already had an older model on a different tank and I started thinking.  You always here that the 24/7 button is just a gimmick doesn’t really work or change anything, so I decided to do an experiment.  One tank I have it set to a timer with the light always on max and the other tank set on the 24/7 cycle.  I only started about a week ago, but have noticed some surprising changes in behavior with the tank with the 24/7 cycle.  I use a matten filter for filtration and rarely would see any shrimp on it.  Now the shrimp are all over it all the time and they are more active and out in the open.  It will be interesting to see what other changes come about.  I will keep posting observations.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 24/7 se on a low tech 55 planted tank and when I run it in the 24/7 mode I get a lot of algae growth. This may be why your seeing more shrimp on the matten filter as it's starting to grow algae. I think the low intensity light for so.many hours dosent really cause the plants to.grow but it's enough for simple algae to live off. Just my thoughts look forward to following

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I am not familiar with these lights, what do you mean by the 24/7 button?  Aee you just leaving them on?