Uncycled Tank.

My estimated shipping for my shrimp was three weeks away from now. With the speed my fishless cycle was going, it would've been done by that date. However, since the shipping date has changed to being delivered today, my tank is uncycled. The current ammonia of the tank is at 8 ppm. Any idea what I should do? The tank size is 10 gallons.

You might have to keep them in remineralized R/O water in a smaller one gallon container or whatever for a week or two with some moss and change water every 2-3 days. Just know theres no algea film to feed on so light pellets and mabye very light amount of powder food.

11 minutes ago, Jcstomp said:

You might have to keep them in remineralized R/O water in a smaller one gallon container or whatever for a week or two with some moss and change water every 2-3 days. Just know theres no algea film to feed on so light pellets and mabye very light amount of powder food.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll look for one as soon as I get home.

30 minutes ago, ImDisclose said:

Thanks for the advice! I’ll look for one as soon as I get home.

Sure thing. Just remember youre trying to keep that temp water clean as poss, so use baster and suck out any pellet not eaten after an hour or so. Sitting food will toxify water fast but the powder is ok if very light.

Any place around you sell prodibio start up kits. Your tank.could be ready in a couple hours with that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not sure what tss is. It's a 2 part system. Bacteria and an ammonia stop chemical. Works amazing I'd suggest every shrimper keep a dozen of each on hand for those unexpected shrimp.buying opportunities or just wanting to set up a tank. U can still let ot grow.bio film by ur taking away any cycling questions is golden. Buypetshrimp.com sells them

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk