Seachem Excel

OMG Aquatics

Has it interfered with breeding? I've been using Easy Life Easycarbo in my 60 L where there are only amano shrimp so no successful breeding anyway. Have been reluctant to try in in the shrimp tanks because I read in Planet Invert site that "liquid CO2" can affect/stop breeding. 

Has it interfered with breeding? I've been using Easy Life Easycarbo in my 60 L where there are only amano shrimp so no successful breeding anyway. Have been reluctant to try in in the shrimp tanks because I read in Planet Invert site that "liquid CO2" can affect/stop breeding. 

Upon reading about easycarbo, people dislike this product that has fish,inverts. easycarbo is cheaper than excel but when dosed, fish/inverts go nuts but doesn't happen when used with excel?

I wasn't suggesting you stop it - just wondering if it had had any negative effects. It will be interesting to see how yours get on with Excel. .

My shrimp hasn't started breeding yet. None are dying when dosing excel. I'll wait until they start breeding and use excel and see survival rate. Maybe it may affect shrimplets. Gonna stop till they breed. :P

That's good to know chef! Do you dose at full strength?

Never full strength. You never want to dose full strength of anything in a shrimp tank because most of us only have scarcely planted tanks. I only have mossy tanks which requires very little so I dose enough to get by.

Remember folks, little bit of something is better than nothing and much better than overdose. We're not EI dosing here. We can't afford those huge end-of-week waterchanges to reset our parameters.