bamboo shrimps care

Hello, one year ago I bought my first aquariums and I had betta fish in it, but about a month ago it jumped out of my aquarium.. :/ So I'm planing to keep shrimp in my fish tank instead. I read many articles about shrimps bamboo shrimps looks perfect for me. For people who like me, wants to buy them and maybe breed them, I found informative article about bamboo shrimps. But still, I would like to hear suggestions from people who keeps bamboo shrimps or used to keep them in the past. Is it difficult to keep them? What about breeding? Is it hard to breed these type of shrimps? And is it okay to feed them with pre-made food? Thank you for your answers !

• 1 month later...

When I hear beta I assume you were keeping it in a small tank. The issue with bamboo shrimps is that they are filter feeders. They get all of their food from the water column. So you want to have a larger tank and very good water flow. They need to have places to sit and just filter feed, ideally directly in the outflow of your filter(s). I don't believe I've heard of anyone breeding them before, I'd assume their young require brackish water like with many shrimps. Pre-made food would be ok if it is in a powdered form. They wont be able to eat it otherwise. I've owned them before and they only lasted a few months. I don't think I had enough water flow for them; so learn from my mistake haha.