Taiwan Shrimp Tank (84 Liters)

eozen81

Great update Eozen, I watched your video yesterday. Have you used an oxydator before?

Thank you guys.

@DETA, nope I hadn't used oxydator before. This oxydator is hand made by a friend of mine here who I can easily classify a shrimp guru because he dedicated his life to shripms :)

Here a short video of my first guests (Taiwan Hybrids)

And a pic:

ooWBFVa.jpg

Thank you pal, This is our honey moon with only 2 hybrids, If they will be fine during 3 weeks I will add Blue Bolt, Panda, Red Ruby and some Hybrids as well. Population will be 12 totally and we will see if they will reproduce.

• 2 weeks later...

37th Day Update:

Shrimps below are added into the tank. I had acclimiated them around 2 hours via drip method and introduced them to my tank near 2 mischlings. Frankly Blue Bolt's colour is not promising now but we will see as it grow up. The reds are really awesome and little guy panda is cute. I hope I will be luck with my pack and will get some babies soon.

1 Blue Bolt
1 Red Ruby
1 Panda
1 Wine Red
1 Snow White
mischlings

Sorry for low quality macro pictures as I don't have a macro lens  :thumbsd: 

KiVCIzQl.jpg
3EL8OhZl.jpg
ZKFotpDl.jpg
xwWEuKKl.jpg
zxtdsY7l.jpg
tMSFk0sl.jpg

Thanks for the update Eozen! Reds really look vibrant especially right after acclimation.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for long time with no update. Nothing was special to say out. But today I am here with some cool updates and 2 videos.

1st video: You can see my first berries Taiwan Bee Mischling with macro shot. Hope I have got healty babies and they can make it.

2nd video: A mixed macro shots from my Taiwan Bee Shrimps

Hope you like them.

• 1 month later...

Hi again, here is a short video of my first babies, most of them are mischlings but I saw a BB. I am planning to set up my 2nd tank to seperate mischling males and mischling babies to keep only high grade Taiwans at my current tank.

Did the blue bolts ever color up? I noticed you have a handful of goldens and golden like bees, did you buy mishclings to kick up your Taiwan Bee colony? In the latest video, your panda looks like it has a very thin exoskeleton. Do you dose any form of trace nutrients to help them develops their shells?

My blue bolt is how can I say, "meh", I mean it's colour not so shining but it is ok to me.

İ am not an expert breeder so I just started my colony with this population (red bees + panda + several mischlings + hinomaru etc..),

Yes, panda is a little thin but I am not sure why, to be honest I don't care so much as their appetite is good. I have been using several food complements like Mosura Mineral Plus Ultra and Dennerle Shrimp King Mineral.

Yes, panda is a little thin but I am not sure why, to be honest I don't care so much as their appetite is good. I have been using several food complements like Mosura Mineral Plus Ultra and Dennerle Shrimp King Mineral.

Ahhh, yes. As long as they're eating, swimming, and breeding then they're doing fine.

Good for yah mate! [emoji4]

• 2 weeks later...

Is that a blue panda I see in your tank in the last video? Congrats on the berried female! :thumbsu:

It's not complete dark nor a blue, bluish :) Here is a close up photo of my male panda. BTW thank you for your breeder box tips on your thread. I have today installed Marina Hang on Breeder Box (Large) into my tank and put some mangrowe adn moss. I put 1 baby to make sure if it will be ok. After I check everything is fine, I will replace it with my berried female so that I can have a selective breeding.

1cx99bT.jpg

02.md.jpg01.md.jpg

After 1 day I introduced few baby shrimps into the HOB, I observed they are OK, walking around, holding moss and root etc...

With this confidence I caught my berried female and put in the HOB but she was so stressed, always tried to climb the walls, so sad to see a berried female to see like that. I waited few hours but it didn't stop doing that and I decided to take her back to the main tank.

Not sure if I was hurried to take her back to the main tank but I couldn't bear to see her like that.

Thank you for the tip,

- Included some soil to the base of HOB

- Added a black paper to block direct light, here is the current layout beloww

What is your advice about catching and putting the berried female again?

Do you think I should do that today or let her settle more and catch later? I don't want her to give birth in the main tank because after that I will not be able to catch her before a male is done with her :)

TEjTWLP.jpg

You are welcome.

For berried female, I use a glass/ white container to scoop her instead of using net. This will nether cause stress nor having the net scrap the eggs out.

If she is berried only today, just leave her alone for awhile. Scoop her only when she is actively in exposed area.

• 2 weeks later...